Vendo 501 very strange problem

serge

Hello guys! I'm new here and I hope I'm posting in the right section.
I've purchased two used Vendo 511 soda machines and one is not operating right. I've never had any vendos in my opinion Dixie narcos are much  better machines.
Here is what it's doing  to me. When I open my door to restock the soda bill validator  would start making noises and while I restocking  the machine bill validator keeps making noise and by the time i'm finish  with restocking - display,bill acceptor and coin mech would  turn off, but everything else is still on including the light bulbs .
The only way to turn it back on is to pull out the fuse and put it back in.  Immediately my thought  was it’s a fuse so I replaced it with a new one but it still doing the same thing.
What’s weird about it that it can go off  when I test my motors or keep  the door open for a while.. and I can  care less if it does it when it's me triggering something as long as it's working after I close the door.
Today I came to check on it and I see that my display is off without me doing anything to it. it was just off, like it was no power..
I opened the door and I see that compressor is running ,light bulbs are ON but  display is off  and bill acceptor is off as well  after  I played with the fuse it turned back on .
So my problem is display,bill validator and coin mech would turn off on it's own and don't know when and why.
 It’s killing me thinking that my machine might go off at any time and people can’t buy anything.
i have two identical machines and one is perfectly fine ,never done that to me, but this  piece of junk is driving me crazy .
I called vendo tech support but  they couldn’t really help me much they suggestion was to switch out the mother boards between them two and see if it still does it.. but it’s not easy to do because they are very far apart .
I just hope maybe someone here had the same issue and know where the problem is.
post-10900-0-81841400-1446235133_thumb.jpg

I recently had one doing the same thing. It was the card reader loading the transformer down. I pulled the card reader because the machine is scheduled to be changed soon. My guess in your case is a weak transformer or your changer or bill acceptor are loading down. try a spare bill acceptor first, then changer. It will not be the computer board because we tried that first.

I recently had one doing the same thing. It was the card reader loading the transformer down. I pulled the card reader because the machine is scheduled to be changed soon. My guess in your case is a weak transformer or your changer or bill acceptor are loading down. try a spare bill acceptor first, then changer. It will not be the computer board because we tried that first.

Thank you very much! it would be an easy fix.

Archived