AP 211 issue

ajdistro

Heyy,

I actually already solved the problem buut... had I not figured it out I would have come here for help. So I figure maybe someone else can benefit from my dilemma...

I noticed recently that my coffee machine wasn't getting any dollars lately, just change. So I tested it, and of course it would accept only coins. The bill validator wouldn't even attempt to take in the dollar when you tried to insert, no belts seemed to turn at all. From the inside of machine the validator was blinking twice indicating a disconnect somewhere, but it was obviously getting power. So I tried my regular troubleshooting routine: cleaning the wheels and sensors on the validator, powering the entire machine off, checking all wires and connections and such... Nothing seemed to work.

Next I made a bunch of purchases using coins. I've seen coin mechs in the past that 'thought' they were empty and wouldn't take dollars because of lack of coins to dispense as change. That didn't seem to help either.

So I replaced the bill validator- that didn't work. Then I replaced the coin mech- STILL didn't work! I was ready to give up and try again another day. After all it was still making sales, you just had to use coins.

Anybody know what the problem was? It was pretty silly in hindsight.

You might have a problem with the validator harness or with the logic board itself.  The coin mech and validator plug into the machine independently though the coin mech must report a satisfied nickle tube sensor for the validator to accept bills.  If you know that the nickle tube sensors are fine then you need to inspect the validator harness from the validator to the logic board.  Make sure it's fully seated on the board.  If that is fine then you might just have a bad logic board that isn't enabling the validator or isn't correctly seeing the nickle tube.

I thought it might be something along those line

You might have a problem with the validator harness or with the logic board itself.  The coin mech and validator plug into the machine independently though the coin mech must report a satisfied nickle tube sensor for the validator to accept bills.  If you know that the nickle tube sensors are fine then you need to inspect the validator harness from the validator to the logic board.  Make sure it's fully seated on the board.  If that is fine then you might just have a bad logic board that isn't enabling the validator or isn't correctly seeing the nickle tube.

AZ

I was thinking along these lines as well. Luckily I located a switch (kinda looks like a light switch) on the inside of the machine marked '24 volt'. My guess is someone switched it off last time the machine was cleaned...

I turned it back on and the validator started working normally!

All of the switches and breakers have to be turned on for everything to work correctly.  I'm surprised that the 24V breaker would even allow the machine to work as the logic board is running at 24V.  You must have a 110v coin mech or it wouldn't have been working.  Glad you got it fixed.

Archived