Fastcorp F631 frozen IC machine problem (again)

ajdistro

I actually have multiple challenges with these machines but I post them separately so in case you have the same issue you don't have to read my entire F631 anthology to help solve your one issue.

One of my ice cream machines seems to be working properly for the most part except when the robot drops down to pick the ice cream and the vacuum turns on it often turns back off before delivering the product to the chute. Then it kicks back on, then off, then back on again. Sometimes this results in a successful purchase, other times it falls into another product bin, and sometimes after the three attempts it just accepts it's failure and tells you to choose another selection- rendering that particular selection unavailable due to the repeated failed attempts.

My guess is that there might be a break in the vacuum hose somewhere causing it to lose suction and therefore drop the ice cream before it reaches the bin. I tried inspecting the hose for rips or tears but couldn't see any. I know sometimes they can be hard to find.

I plan to remove and replace the vacuum hose later unless someone has a better idea....

Break/leak in vac hose is a good start. Check the product sensor in the tip to make sure it isn't sticking. The sensor is part of the picker head, located just under the weight. There is a T-shaped (upside down) metal bar that moves up&down to let the machine know that that it actually touched something. I suspect this is your problem, especially if the vac comes on before getting to the product. Lastly, there is a vac sensor down near the vac motor that might be going bad.

If you have verified that the picker is sealing completely on the products then remove one of the wires to the lower hose pressure sensor and test vend the machine.  If it vends correctly then use the instructions in the manual to adjust the vacuum pressure temporarily or replace that lower vacuum switch if you have one as that is the permanent fix. 

If the lower pressure sensor isn't the issue then you need to inspect the entire vacuum hose, which it sounds like you have already done.  If the hose is good then disconnect the upper pressure sensor at wires 4 and 7 from J5 on the logic board and from the sensor itself and ohm out the two wires.  If they ohm out properly then replace the upper pressure sensor.

If you have verified that the picker is sealing completely on the products then remove one of the wires to the lower hose pressure sensor and test vend the machine.  If it vends correctly then use the instructions in the manual to adjust the vacuum pressure temporarily or replace that lower vacuum switch if you have one as that is the permanent fix. 

If the lower pressure sensor isn't the issue then you need to inspect the entire vacuum hose, which it sounds like you have already done.  If the hose is good then disconnect the upper pressure sensor at wires 4 and 7 from J5 on the logic board and from the sensor itself and ohm out the two wires.  If they ohm out properly then replace the upper pressure sensor.

Thank you. I'm hoping to find a break in the hose just for the sake of keeping it simple. I still have a backup hose I purchased from you last year so I should be in good shape...

Archived