Fastcorp F631 frozen IC machine question/problem

ajdistro

I have one ice cream machine in particular that is in a pretty busy location and is always frosting over causing issues because as soon as you insert money into it (coin or bill) the freezer door opens!

Then it stays open and waits for you to finish inserting the rest of the funds and make your selection. Is this normal? I just realized yesterday at another location that an identical machine of mine doesn't operate this way. The preferred method machine takes all your money counting it on the display and waits for your selection BEFORE opening the freezer.

I wanna launch spin kicks and throw wrestling holds everytime I see a customer insert a quarter and just stand there staring blankly at the machine with the freezer door open. I'm tempted to run up and shout HURRY UP AND BUY! Since I can't be there to explain to everyone that they should figure out what selection they want before inserting the first nickel I'm hoping there is a setting that can be adjusted in my favor...

Another tip for these machines is to keep a small rag or towel in the machine. After each time you fill, it wipe the excess moisture from around the top of the freezer to prevent ice from building up there.

There are several versions of software for this machine in the field.

So if you think one works better you can change it so they match.

The big difference in the software is how long after a vend the freezer stays open.

Walta

Thank you I'll print this when I get back to office.

The last option in my menu is 14) Program Version

Is it possible my outdated software doesn't have this function?

Also I just tested machine and it's taking $5 bills as it should but only credits $3.

Every time I insert a $5 it acts as if I inserted a $3 bill. Also if I hit the refund button it gives me the $5 back AND an additional $2 in quarters!

This machine just had the bill validator swapped out last week in order to accept $5s.

Could the bill validator be defective? It was a fresh refurb we had on hand...

Archived