Bulk vs. full line-- which makes more cents?

Rustinm

Just wondering what everyone thinks overall about which type of machine is better. I have about 50 vendstars and just bought a couple full line machines but havent placed them yet. So, what makes more cents? Bulk is cheaper to get into and takes less time to maintain, while the full size machines cost more and take more time to service, but have higher profits? Any opinions on this?

I'm sure you'll get better opinions than mine. But here is my 2 cents. I have 2 full line machines and 69 bulk. I am thinking about the cross over to full line. I guess it depends on you goal and time committment. If you want to make a few 100's/month and have a small $ entry into the business bulk is the way, you can grow and make the crossover as your goals get bigger. The vendor who sold me the full line is a full time guy for 10 years full line only. He said bulk is good if you want to go to the movies. If you want to make money then get into full line. I don't completly agree with him since my route should start netting me over $800 per pull on a 5 weeks cycle. $800 bucks on a few Saturdays a year that pays a few bills or whatever.

In my opinion it all depends on what kind of a "get r done" type additude you have.

While full line is more money coming in, it is also harder to place full line than bulk. Unless you are able to get machines from your local bottler, your investment is a lot higher also along with stock etc.

What I am attempting to do is have enough revenue to where if a place needs a pepsi or coke machine then get it from the bottler. If they only have room for one machine but want pepsi and coke brand in one machine then be able to go out and purchase a "serve all" type machine and have it placed within 2-3 days.

I do all my own locating. I bought 38 vendstars last November. I placed 20 by the end of Jan, and had 42 machines out by April. I then purchased 11 more 10 of which were on route. Tomorrow I am placing a machine which will bring my on the street count to 64 with 7 in the garage. I bought 9 machines within the last 3 weeks. To answer in short 1 year to get my route where it is. I am moving numerous machines during that time in fact one was asked to leave a location today due to poor sales. I didn't even pay commission on that one, I was going to move it anyway. You can build a route a lot faster with a locator, but be careful that method can be expensive, with the right locator you can do well also.