Dixie Narco DNCB368 Upgrade

GAVELAENT

Hi everybody, I am new to this site but already see so much valuable information that I can use.

As the subject shows, I have a Dixie Narco 368. I have upgraded the control board and the display. I also put a refrigeration deck in it. The problem I'm having is when I plugged it in with the new control board, the machine immediately started homing then displayed A JC-9 & and JC-10. I know those represent a jammed column on the 9th and 10th columns. The problem is I' only have in the eight selection machine. How can I get it to not look for the ninth and tenth column?

I have never seen an upgrade kit.

If there is such a thing post a link to it.

Did you buy all the parts new and are trying to make them in your old machine?

Did you take all the parts out of a damaged machine and trying make them work in your old machine?

If I guess your “new” board is an SIID it sounds like your harness is made for a machine with 10 motors.

It make no financial sense to do this “upgrade” since you can buy a multi price machine for 1500.00  the old working machine will likely sell for 700.00. No way can you buy the parts new for 800.00. How many hours will you have in this project maybe 20? At 20.00 an hour that 400.00 more. And when if you make it work this machine will always be a half a$$ed odd ball and it will never vend 2 deep bottled the way the factory machine will.

Walta

OK maybe "upgrade" is not the right word, but regardless I changed both the display from a nonfunctional numeric to a new alpha-numeric one. thus the new board to control it. Every harness fit the same way as the old board.

No need to be sarcastic about it!!

If you actually have an SBC logic board then this page might help you though it is designed for the P series of machines, so your 368 might not be a recognized model.  Even if you had the correct instructions I don't know if DN put older models into the machine matrix within the software, so you'll need to select another 8 selection model to see if that works.

Setting The Vender Type

To program with “SCOL” on the display press select button 1. The display will show “6” for six columns. Press select buttons 1 & 2 to scroll through available number of columns in the machine. When the displayed number of columns matches the number of columns in the machine, press select button 1 to set the number of columns. “MODL” will appear on the display, press select button 1. The display will show the first available model number for the current vender type. Press select button 1 & 2 to scroll through the available vender model numbers for this vender. When the vender type you wish to save is showing on the display, press select button 1. The display will scroll “1 = SET PACKAGE TYPE 2 = EXIT”. Press select button 1 and the display will show “1” indicating the package type. This will allow you to set the package type of the machine if it is different that the default of package type 2. Press select button 1 & 2 to scroll through the available package types. Press select button 1 to set the displayed package type. “2=Exit 1=Prime COL1” will appear on the display. Press button 1 to prime column 1 or select button 2 to skip priming column 1. The display will then display “2=Exit 1=Prime COL2”. Repeat the priming process until all columns have been primed or skipped.

6 column machines

DN552-5, DN552-6, DN552-7,

7 column machines

DN532-5, DN532-6, DN532-7,

8 column machines 

DN756-7, DN756-8, DN756-9, DN756-10, DN756-11, DN756-12, DN756-13, DN756HV-12,

10 column machines

DN760-9, DN760-10, DN760-11, DN760-12, DN760-13, DN760HV-12,

If you actually have an SBC logic board then this page might help you though it is designed for the P series of machines, so your 368 might not be a recognized model.  Even if you had the correct instructions I don't know if DN put older models into the machine matrix within the software, so you'll need to select another 8 selection model to see if that works.

Setting The Vender Type

To program with “SCOL” on the display press select button 1. The display will show “6” for six columns. Press select buttons 1 & 2 to scroll through available number of columns in the machine. When the displayed number of columns matches the number of columns in the machine, press select button 1 to set the number of columns. “MODL” will appear on the display, press select button 1. The display will show the first available model number for the current vender type. Press select button 1 & 2 to scroll through the available vender model numbers for this vender. When the vender type you wish to save is showing on the display, press select button 1. The display will scroll “1 = SET PACKAGE TYPE 2 = EXIT”. Press select button 1 and the display will show “1” indicating the package type. This will allow you to set the package type of the machine if it is different that the default of package type 2. Press select button 1 & 2 to scroll through the available package types. Press select button 1 to set the displayed package type. “2=Exit 1=Prime COL1” will appear on the display. Press button 1 to prime column 1 or select button 2 to skip priming column 1. The display will then display “2=Exit 1=Prime COL2”. Repeat the priming process until all columns have been primed or skipped.

6 column machines

DN552-5, DN552-6, DN552-7,

7 column machines

DN532-5, DN532-6, DN532-7,

8 column machines 

DN756-7, DN756-8, DN756-9, DN756-10, DN756-11, DN756-12, DN756-13, DN756HV-12,

10 column machines

DN760-9, DN760-10, DN760-11, DN760-12, DN760-13, DN760HV-12,

That looks like P-Model programming to me.

To start from scratch, remove the CR2032 battery from the board for a few seconds then replace. When you power up the machine it should say "MODL". Press buttons 1&2 at the same time to scroll through the model numbers. When the correct one is displayed, stop (let go), then press 1 to save.

Archived