Liability Insurance, warning labels, etc.

sams86gn

I've looked over the forum and haven't really found exactly what I'm looking for on this topic. I want to know what insurance agency yall are using, have you had any claims and if so, did they give you any trouble or just paid the claim? Also, do yall put warning labels on your machines as far as choking hazard or peanut allergy? I'm up to about 20 machines now and want to avoid being sued. Do yall have any tips too help protect the business owner from stuff like this? Thanks in advance.

I've looked over the forum and haven't really found exactly what I'm looking for on this topic. I want to know what insurance agency yall are using, have you had any claims and if so, did they give you any trouble or just paid the claim? Also, do yall put warning labels on your machines as far as choking hazard or peanut allergy? I'm up to about 20 machines now and want to avoid being sued. Do yall have any tips too help protect the business owner from stuff like this? Thanks in advance.

Look HERE also, choking hazard is a must for toys and so on. Never used it for candy. 

Though one would think "Peanuts" would be a pretty self-explanatory product, in this day and age I don't think it'd be unreasonable to cook up a label at home that said something like "Nut allergy warning!" to go on there. Choking hazard is usually a standard on all display cards, but you can never have it posted too many times. When in doubt, print up a little thing that says "Choking Hazard- Small Pieces" and go to town on whatever it may be. A few minutes in the shop could save you hours of trouble later.

I have general liability coverage on my business, and it went up to about $375 a year when I started adding full line machines. It went up to a little over $400 when I actually "insured" a couple full-line machines that were in rougher areas in the event that they'd get wrecked by some crack head, and I'd have to replace them in a hurry. I'm with Mutual of Wausau here in Wisconsin.

Archived