Changing Out All Machine Locks / And Installing Safe in Van

T BIRD

I decided to price out changing all of my flat key locks that come stock from the companies I bought the machines from.  I just wanted a lock and key ( tubular ) that was a lot more secure and a key that half the vendors in the world do not have.....lol.  I bought from Wiscer Industries.  I bought 75 camlock brand locks to start.  ( $4 and change each ). Those 75 are for all my NW60s and their triples and A&A machines ( PO89s and PN 95s ).  And I bought 20 of a Beaver style tubular lock and key sets to start. The Beavers are for my Easy Pros and some other machines that I have a few of.

Yesterday I went by my local locksmith and discussed with them installing a safe when I go collecting and servicing my routes.  We came up with a great way to accomplish this which will allow this safe to be secured inside the van while I am servicing and then when I get home I can do a couple of quick things to it so that I can take the safe into my house at the end of the day!  I can get it bought and installed for approximately $175.00 plus tax.

Sounds like a good idea. Looks like you took me up on the pimping your ride idea. I hope you thought to get one big enough for the gravy area of the route. The price sounds reasonable. Don't forget the sign for the safe. "Operator has no keys to the safe, safe can only be opened by the wife."

What type of safe did you get T-Bird? Sounds like a good price and idea.

Fred.........I will get you the details.  The safe can be anchored two different ways.  The regular way with the door opening to the side.  Or you can anchor it with the door facing upwards.  Thats the way I am gonna do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a safe installed last week. I changed up and had a very high quality thick walled safe put into the van. It has a slot that accepts my money bags without having to open the safe at each location! That's what sold me on the safe. Cost me $198.00 plus $85 labor.

• 4 weeks later...