Sour Candy?

pdavid

Anyone have luck with sour candy/gum? One of my batting cage accounts has a snack machine. The manager tells me Cry Babies are their biggest seller. I thought about trying the gum but it's pretty expensive. I'm considering trying the "Cry Baby Tears" candy in some of my other accounts. I've also seen some other sour candy out there...

Any thoughts?

Cry Baby Tears come coated and uncoated. The coated is like a runt's in texture. The uncoated is like a Smarties texture and break apart easier. I think you can special order it through Sam's to the store for pick up and avoid shipping charges. I have ordered Fruit Patch 850's and Polar Mint gum tabs with free shipping to the store. Go there and look at the side of the DB 850's box. It shows what can be special oredered with the product numbers. They send the PO#'s to them on Friday and pick up all the skids on Monday to send to the various DC's. It may take two weeks to get the order but you will save like $20 a case shipping. All the orders are combined so you can buy just one case or several different ones.

If the candy is shinny, it is coated. If it looks very dull, it is un coated. I bought some of the cry tears one day before I got into bulk vending at a mall. They were so sour they made the candy taste awful. If you want sour, that is what you need to buy!

Sams is awful for me with special orders (Like now. I ordered 10, 10740 count boxes of crazy banana candy 3 months ago, and have yet to get them). I have to control the inventory of the Tropical Tab Gum/Crazy Bananas very closely. If I was to not order at a correct time, I would be out for weeks or months.  I really like both of the products, but it is a pain to get them.

Kyle

Runts are not sour candygirl. I like Runts and some places they do ok for me. I only have it in a few machines as another option to be different. My Sam's has them in stock as well. I have done better with Runts then HT and M&I.

I agree, runts generally don't do so good. I would only put them in if someone specifically asks for them. I have removed them from most of my locations, but did have one request them about 3 cycles ago and they have emptied them every time I have service the location.