Vendstar "Elite" Machine Problems

bubblehead

I'm new to vending. I purchased 10 Vendstar "Elite" machines. I am very disappointed with the design. These are triple heads with the middle one designed for dispensing peppermint patties. The outer two for candies. However they dispense to one common flat area in the middle. No problem with the patty. But the candies have to be scooped out of the undersized tray which tilts slightly upward. No way can you get all the candies in one motion and I have small hands. Additionally the candies, Skittles or M&M Chocolates and the like can find refuge in the nooks behind the opening presenting even more of a challenge. I don't know why they could not have just left the two candy heads alone and dispensed separately from a chute with flap as is standard. From a customer standpoint, not very user friendly at all and I can foresee many complaints. I feel uncomfortable putting these out there with my name on them. My emails and phone calls to the representative who sold them to me and to his supervisor have gone unanswered. I'm considering at this point to pay for modifying them locally myself and move on. I did understand in the purchase agreement there was no buy-back option. I did suggest in my emails that I would send them back at my expense and exchange them for Vendstar 3000's. I'll give up the added attraction of peppermint patties for a more acceptable machine. Anyone else have any history with these specific machines and any advice?

Thank you, Lynn in Las Vegas

Lynn,

You are the very first on the forum to use these machines! I was interested to see how they worked for people.

The problems to seem to have are not a problem. Your customers will not care about having to scoop the products out.

As for the calls: I hate to break it to you, however, you will never hear from them again. Vendstar is a very crooked company (As are all biz op sellers). Do the best you can with what you have, and go on.

I would keep the machines. Patties sell great for me. As a vendor myself, I would put them out in the field, and see how they work!

Best of luck to you,

Kyle

Lynn,

Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you on board. I hope you did your research on machines,products,etc. before purchasing.Here is a link that might interest you showing where York Peppermint Patties ranked in the USA (no#12).They may do very well in your area.

Link:

http://www.amonline.com/web/online/VendingMarketWatch-News/Multivend-LLC-Introduces-Bulk-Vending-Machine-For-Individually-Wrapped-Candy/1$22576

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for replying.  You may be right and I am being a little too self-conscious over this.  It may be only in my mind.  If I do get too many complaints then I suppose I'll worry about it.  In the meantime they aren't doing me any good sitting around.  So I pretty much have resigned myself to dealing with what I have.  Seems I didn't do my homework very well.  Should have known about these forums and used them before investing.  I did spend quite a bit for them and that's another reason why I believe the quality should have been better.  Another lesson learned the hard way. 

Merry Christmas to all and best wishes for a prosperous New Year, Lynn

Hi Islander,

Obviously I should have done more research and especially been aware of this forum for advice and information before investing.  I did put out a sizable investment.  It's interesting the article states over 3 years of development went into producing these machines.  Must have been a very slow process with not much imagination involved to come up with something that in my opinion isn't very customer friendly which should always be the number one criteria. 

Thanks for the welcome, I do have a lot to learn.  Merry Christmas, Lynn

Hey,

If you are brand new to vending you should really look into used machines. The vendstar 3000 machines is what i have and so far I have only spent 2500$ on 52 machines plus the service totes and about a year worth of candy,plus 11 of them were already located. I know some people dont like the machines, and I agree that the company has no problem ripping people off but I have had the machines for over a year now and only had about 20$ is repairs.