Late Getting Liability Insurance

T BIRD

I have been up and running for a year now.  I wanted to get my liability insurance a couple of months ago but for what ever reasons I did not.  Anyway........I have someone looking into it now for me. He is saying that some companies are asking more questions becuse of this China thing with toys and some chemical used? ( forgot the name of it ).  He also asked me if any of my vendors/wholesalers that I buy from guarantee in writing the safety of their products?  Sound familiar?  I know there is this new law as of October about vendors having to know what they sell is safe.

I have a liability policy with Safeco. The policy began last November. They didn't ask any questions about lead. I was at my supplier yesterday and were showing products that are no longer made due to this. I would guess a bigger issue would be choking on the small toys. Anyway when my policy was renewed no questions asked. One million dollar liability policy for $230/year. So I would suggest calling Safeco. I have Allstate for my homeowners policy. They give me an unbelievable hard time about clearing brush, while all my neighbors have the same hill on the back of their property none have Allstate and not one has ever even been asked about it. So I guess it just depends on the company what their protocall and or issues are.

I have a liability policy with Safeco. The policy began last November. They didn't ask any questions about lead. I was at my supplier yesterday and were showing products that are no longer made due to this. I would guess a bigger issue would be choking on the small toys. Anyway when my policy was renewed no questions asked. One million dollar liability policy for $230/year. So I would suggest calling Safeco. I have Allstate for my homeowners policy. They give me an unbelievable hard time about clearing brush, while all my neighbors have the same hill on the back of their property none have Allstate and not one has ever even been asked about it. So I guess it just depends on the company what their protocall and or issues are.

Thank you Sterling.

• 2 weeks later...

T-Bird,

I'm in the same situation as you.  "Forwhatever the reason never got around to it".  It would be interesting if someone who has bought insurance to see if their agent can write anywhere in the nation to introduce them to Vendiscuss.  I bet they we could get them some business and maybe we could get some discounts.............

Sterling........I may have to call Safeco.  I am going to PM you.  This guy who said it would be no problem getting insurance now says that its the selling toys and children choking that is the problem not the machines themselves and the candy in them.  I spoke to this guy today.  He is gonna give me a price without the toys for now.  I actually don't have toys out on location yet.  Finding insurance is becoming a hassle about now for me. Posted Image 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...