BluePlate

Looks like everyone is getting their goals in line. I suppose I will jump on board:

1. Expand. I only have 4 machines right now. I would like to try to add no less than 2 a month(preferrably doubles or triples).

2. Locating. All though I will use Kickstart to help me locate, I would like to locate at least 25% of my machines by myself. I know that I will save myself a good chunk of money doing this Being that I am affilliated with NCCS, I know that I can do this very easily.

3. Repayment. I would like to at least break even from all business expenses (COG, business licensing, etc).

4. Machine brands. Try to stick with one or two specific machine brands. I'm still doing research on what kinds I would like to invest in, but probably won't make a set decision until 2009 hits us.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals for 2009:

1 - grow by a minimum of 400 heads (similar to growth of last summer)

2 - set up to go full time on July 1, 2009

3 - Upgrade to 4-ways, racks, sticker machines where necessary

4 - Pull spots doing less than $10/service and replace, then go to $15/service spots and repeat

5 - Have better inventory management skills, will be important as I continue to grow.

Being full time for half the year will allow a lot of this to happen and get me a few levels up the ladder. 

The buffet ate up the 8x sticker machine... should take me to 550-600/service.  (+100-150 per)

I am going to the pizza place with the 5-way beaver next week to see the owner and show him the machine and my 4x Advance sticker.  That would take it to 500-550/service at least (+250-300 per)... :)

Thanks again for your early help toward my 2009 goals, you the man Fred!

My goal is to have enough machines to make about $1000 net a month, but not let it become too cumbersome that it will affect my full-time job. Can anyone tell me if you think this is reasonable?

sure it is.it just depends on how many machines you are willing to have and how good the locations are

• 2 weeks later...

I love the walk through by Jax.

I'll be working on the steps to open my LLC over the next two weeks.

I skipped a few of these steps -- namely I decided to locate myself because I was entering the business with 400$ to risk, though christmas presents and some online selling have generated a little extra money for me to work with.

Stickers inside the machine -- I hadn't thought about that. How do I print on the same side I stick to the globe >->? I guess I could tape it there. I was going to print stickers and put them on the outside, which would've invited vandalism.

Anyone care to attach a picture of their service card that I could imitate?

I may do that for some cards. Do they do the inside the globe stickers also? Are there any other cheaper ways to do it? I got some blank business cards and our library has some fairly good printers for making my own cards. However I could probably have much nicer cards from vista print, and that free sample sure does sound nice. Maybe just printing the information on a piece of paper and taping it to the inside? Is that too tacky.... it's definitely economical, and the more I save on the little things the quicker I get another super 60 or vista. (Gotta figure out which will be the backbone of my business)

My Goal for 2008 was to pay for the first machines I bought. I just did the books and I made it, including January sales. Woohoo!

Goals for 2009.

I want to double my route in the county I am in.

I want to open up a new route in Lewiston. I usually go there for my candy anyway, so why not!

Move machines from slow accounts or put singles out in place of triples in slow accounts I want to keep.

Get my soda machine up and running and place it. (I have placement already once fixed).

• 1 month later...

In 15 days we will be 1/4 of the way through 2009.  I posted this just about 3 months ago.  I'm interested on how you are doing on you 2009 goals.  I feel I'm a little behind.  I bought enough locations to meet goal #1 for the year, I should have this well beat come the end of the year.  BUT I haven't even started working on #2,#3,#4.   As soon I'm done posting here, I'm going to place an order for some 50 cents coin mechs......

BluePlate wrote:

Well a little more than a week to go until the new year.  I would love to hear some vending goals you're going to set for 2009.  Here are mine:

1 - average 3 to 4 new locations a month.

2 - purchase and place 5 or 6 sticker machines.

3 - upgrade current locations to have some 50 cents

4 - purchase at least one combo machine.

Way to go Timber! Looks like you got your first machines about the same time as me. Good to have people to grow with :)!

Blueplate, I am well behind on my number of locations for the year--but doing fine on machines. I hadn't anticipated having an opportunity to move into racks so soon. I decided the number of machines located is more important than the number of locations.

Beer980 wrote:

Here are all my goals for 2009

1. Locate my last 2 machines.

2. Sell our house.

3. Sell my route.

4. Move to Fort Worth, Tx.

5. Start a new route in Texas.

6. Become one with the universe.

Well I can't do 3, 4 or 5 until I get 2 done. I am not doing bad with 6 and I got 1 done. Maybe I should ammend them to add:

7. Place my 6 way NB rack.

8. Place my sticker machine.

9. Buy a couple more doubles.

Goals progress:

1.  400 new heads this year - Havent started yet but progress with the bank, will find out tomorrow if they will approve my refinance.

2.  Full Time by 7/1/09 - This is still a possibility, but remote at best, since I want to not burn bridges with my employer and give the most time possible to grow the route to support myself.

3. Upgrade to 4-ways, racks, sticker machines where necessary - I have upgraded a total of six locations to 4-way/racks/stickers.  I was hoping for many more but time contraints juggling everything around has been problematic.

4 - Pull spots doing less than $10/service and replace - I have done an excellent job pulling low performers and getting them ready for relocation, pulling nearly 40 machines off location since January 1.  Relocations will start on May 5.

5 - Have better inventory management skills, will be important as I continue to grow.  - I have also done a better job with this, partially by phasing out candy spots that did not perform and organizing my space a little bit better.  I am also avoiding temptation to stock up on 1000s of 2" toys with only a few racks out there right now.

MY 2009 GOALS..AND HOW IM WOKRING ON THEM SO FAR:

Some of these are personal and some of these are business related..

1) Pay off this truck.. still has 3 years left on the loan..but Im paying 3 payments a month to get it paid off quicker..I already paid off 2 credit cards so after this truck I am debt free!! Cant wait!!

2) Have a good wedding and a great wife with my new bride..Jody and I get married August 8th, 2009! Cant wait..

3) Get all my equipment out of the warehouse placed..all I have left to place is a spiral, 2 vendstars, a 5 machine rack and 3 sticker machines.. Ive placed alot of equipment last month in several new accounts just to get equipment out and about..

4) Buy more routes or expand more into the towns that I am in that are farther away from me..that way I can run more machines in the towns that are 2 or 3 hours away to make the drive more worthwhile money wise..

• 4 months later...

1) Pull in dog gumball locations and upgrade good locations with doubles.

2) upgrage great locations with racks

3) Increase my vending income to $1000 a month net by December 2009

I don't think I'm going to make all my goals.  However I have pulled the dog locations and I've started upgrading to racks.  But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be making $1000 net a month by end of year.  Last month I did over $800 gross tho.

I've already passed one of my goals. (50 heads on location, passed)

25 locations (I think I'll meet this by august)

500$ gross in one month - expect to hit that when I collect in the first week of august. (Expect to hit in the 600-650$ range)

I've revamped my goals a few times, now I'm looking for:

100 heads on location

35 locations

1050$ gross in December (I realize this is a hard month for vending sales)

Here were all my goals for 2009

1. Locate my last 2 machines.

2. Sell our house.

3. Sell my route.

4. Move to Fort Worth, Tx.

5. Start a new route in Texas.

6. Become one with the universe.

Updated goals

7. Place my 6 way NB rack.

8. Place my sticker machine.

9. Buy a couple more doubles.

1. All candy machins located...Check

2. About to walk out on our house...Check

3. Two different people are interested in buying my route...Check

4. Applied for an open position in Dallas, waiting to see if I get the job...Half Check

5. Not in Texas yet... No Check

6. What worries...Check

7. My 6 way is located and doing $75 a month average...Check

8. No location for sticker machine yet...No Check

9. Canceled double expansion with route...Half Check

I only had 2 goals this year.the first was to learn to run my route more efficiently has been somewhat achieved,there is still room for improvement.

the second to take home each month after commissions $$1500.00 is not quite there yet, closer then at the begining of the year but not there yet.

I want to add a third goal which could be reached by december or early next year:I want to finally be in the black.I want to make all my money back from what i HAVE IN vending(minus my arcade games)by the end of the year.this is the hardest goal to achieve since I buy 2 machines for every 1 new location I find.