BluePlate

My major goal is the same as yours Antonio. Be out of debt by years end. I am not buying anymore machines untl that happens.

it is easier said then done for me kelly.the other day I went and looked at some arcades for a game room for the pizza shop.I didn`t buy any but the guy had a 6 column all star machine with almost enough stickers to pay for itself in it for $150.00,so I couldn`t pass it up.it even had a coin counter in it.

then a few days ago I was slightly intoxicated and was messing around on ebay.I put a bid for $69.69 on a 4 column all star sticker machine and won it for $63.00 plus 40 to ship it.

I have a REALLY hard time passing up good deals and it`s not helping me acieve my goal of being in the black,although it will help reach my other goal of $1500.00 a month once the machines are located.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated on the goals. Great post. 30-40 machine route to buy was to get my route up to 100. I'm up to 80+ (fluctuates up to 85 with current machines) Backed off this since my main goal of paying my self back completely looks to happen in October. Local corporate accounts, I haven't targeted as much as anticipated however I have 9 locations that are a national company locally franchised. Hired a nephew to run the route, but he quit on the first day. You really can't pay a guy enough to run your bulk route. I do my collections in 6-7 week intervals now. Last round grossed over $1500 so the $1000/month net is a ways off. Overall the goals are progressing. Not bad with vending being 1 of 3 ventures I do.

• 3 months later...

I wanted to bring this post back up due to it's nature. So how is everyone doing on their goals? I can proudly say I am progressing on them, but haven't hit them. It's about time to set 2010 goals.

I particularly like Kelly's post on not buying any more machines until out of debt on the venture. With the big route purchase does that goal get reset?

My major goal is the same as yours Antonio. Be out of debt by years end. I am not buying anymore machines untl that happens.

well we pretty much blew this one.we achieved the oposite I bet.

I have met my other goals.`10 goals:make money back and get all my machines fixed and out.

a RACK A 6 WAY STICKER and 2 oscars maybe 3 if I get my azz in gear and fix it.

I hired rob to locate 1 Oscar for me.if I get a chance I will use nams idea of videotapeing it and showing it to potential locations.

I have met my goal in terms of purchasing routes and hitting the maximum number I can handle without sending someone out to service and collect without me. ( I think )

My goal for 2010 is to create a workable route servicing system.

It's a great time to re-visit this 2009 post. Here is my list of plans from the beginning of 2009.

1. Keep the accounts I have now. Hopefully not lose any due to the economy.

2. Add equipment to my existing accounts.

3. Trade-up to 75 cent from 50 cents.

4. Add more redemption machines to the route.

5. Start focusing on the full-line side of my business.

1. I have lost a few low volume accounts due to the economy during 2009. The good thing is, is that I picked up some real good accounts and made up for that volume.

2. I added 2" capsule machines to many accounts

3. Just recently, I was able to sell 2" products at 75 cents. (Giant Zoo Mania)

4. I added one stacker to a new account and moved others around to better locations.

5. I started working towards full-line accounts but due to high equipment costs, have stopped buying for now.

Please continue this post by listing your 2009 results.

Gary

I've already passed one of my goals. (50 heads on location, passed)

25 locations (I think I'll meet this by august)

500$ gross in one month - expect to hit that when I collect in the first week of august. (Expect to hit in the 600-650$ range)

I've revamped my goals a few times, now I'm looking for:

100 heads on location

35 locations

1050$ gross in December (I realize this is a hard month for vending sales)

That was me in august. I'm at 42 locations now, with 27 more locations ordered and the machines to install. Well past 100 heads on location. Since I only collect from my best account once every two months, and it will not be in December, I'll need to be trying to hit that goal for November instead. If I miss, I may well get it in January as I should have far more triples by then. For 2010, I want to have 150 locations, and 3000$/month in sales.

1) Pull in dog gumball locations and upgrade good locations with doubles.

2) upgrage great locations with racks

3) Increase my vending income to $1000 a month net by December 2009

4) Finish my Virtual Vendor online game.

Results:

1) I've gone down from 40+ locations to down to 25 by pulling my dog locations and making those machines part of racks.

2) See above

3) Not even close. 

4) Oh yeah.  I forgot about that.  :P

Here were all my goals for 2009

1. Locate my last 2 machines.

2. Sell our house.

3. Sell my route.

4. Move to Fort Worth, Tx.

5. Start a new route in Texas.

6. Become one with the universe.

Updated goals

7. Place my 6 way NB rack.

8. Place my sticker machine.

9. Buy a couple more doubles.

1. All candy machins located...Check

2. About to walk out on our house...Check

3. Two different people are interested in buying my route...Check

4. Applied for an open position in Dallas, waiting to see if I get the job...Half Check

5. Not in Texas yet... No Check

6. What worries...Check

7. My 6 way is located and doing $75 a month average...Check

8. No location for sticker machine yet...No Check

9. Canceled double expansion with route...Half Check

Sold my route...Check

I made it to Texas...Check

WOW, goals for 2009 sound like we are running a business.

Place my 2 machines

Add 1 machine a month

I have hit my goal, 14 machines at 13 locations. Adding 29 locations this month and God willing and the creek don't rise will add an additional 200 plus in December.

Thanks Kelly It has been an unbelievable year. Are you the same Kelly yelling at me not show you any more deals?  You know I'm still jealous you got those shootin hoops, I sent my email longer before I posted that, oh well. Now your 180 locations strong.