The Terminator vs. T- Bird

T BIRD

Ron,

More food for thought... Another thing to consider is what I call the novelty spike. When you first put in a machine, many times the first few collections are the best ones. After 6 months or so, the novelty wears off and sales usually drop - especially in an all-candy location. Just another reason why I am downgrading to two selections in many adult locations since it may start off well with the higher number of selections but then settles down.

The bottom line for me, is that I am getting really sick of putting in these 4-selects only to have to swap them out with a 2-select in the next 6 months or so. Of course there will be exceptions, but I continue to see this pattern - especially in break rooms and adult locations. Maybe these break rooms need an energy kick - hmmm.

Found someone who really wants to buy some of my 4-selects. I am more than happy to accommodate him and then roll that money into doubles and racks.

Jax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am winning the battle at another car center hands down. The service techs says no one uses that monstrosity. My numbers bear that out. So much for 8 selections in a car service center.

• 4 weeks later...

are you still winning this battle?

I am doing well in the car dealership.  The other location has suffered because of that 8 vend machine.