New to biz, Maryland here

b00stzx3

Hey guys. First off, AWESOME forum. I am a member of another vending forum as well. I'm 22 and reallyt started to "get serious" about life, I work full time and go to community college as well. A buddy and me are wanting to get into the biz, seems to be proftiable if you use your head and resources wiseley. Also I'm half-greek and alotta my moms family started out with this, seems to be big weith Greeks. Hope my Irishness works to! I just moved back from Baltimore to the D.C. suburbs in Maryland. Will be starting out with some local well-priced double headers, possibly later onto condom and soda vending. Seen machines for $500 so its not that bad between 2 people. Anyways, thanks for having me!

First off, kudos for you wanting and ready to get into business for yourself. I wish that I'd started at a younger age. $500 for how many machines and what type? First read the post in the library section. Small change insider secrets. Read this very carefully and take notes, this will save you a lot of time and money. One word of caution. Be very cautious and carefull when starting a partnership. I'm sure you have been friends for a long time and trust this person. I've heard it said partnerships are like a 2 headed monster, one of the heads isn't needed. I know that is a harsh statement, just put in writing the exit plan for one or both of you so when the time comes that one or both of you want out there will still be a friendship afterwards. Now having said that buy low use business sense and go get them!

Not this friday but the next one i will be getting paycheck, and some double headers I found localy on craigslist cheap. Then I'm off to the races with a locator! Gonna do PMM's and Mike and Ikes first, but will listen to his advice about what Hispanics like because there moving into D.C./Maryland big time.

Yerda, I just moved outta Baltimore! I was in Highlandtown but when it got real bad we moved to Canton. I lasted 5 months before I couldn't afford it anymore on my 22k yearly paycheck haha. Now I'm back with the folks. Good luck up there! I was reading how Hispanics are a good market for machines, if I was you I'd think about looking in the Upper Fells and Highlandtown area because Spanish folks are moving there big time. Good luck "hon"!

• 2 weeks later...