Public Concept

Quarter Master

Ever since the "recession" has grabbed on to vending sales and we all have seen a downturn in overall sales, I'm interested what everyone is doing to help at least keep sales at a moderate level.Things like change product,price,etc. After noticing other vendors machines sitting in some of the locations I also have that were old,dirty,almost empty, I felt like the publics view on vending machines is that the product is old & stale and the machine will probably rip them off. What I've done is to shine up the machines,fill with product, and even put a sticker on the leading edge of the top that states "Fresh Product Guaranteed".I even did a simple thing like move the machine to another spot within the business (with management approval) and sales increased a little.

What are you doing if anything ? Chime in with some suggestions.

Islander,

You are doing exactly what everyone should be doing. When business slows down you have to carefully look for opportunities. Check out the competition very closely and be one step ahead of them. Special signs, clean shinny machines, better selections, newer toys, better locations on-the-floor, etc.

It's amazing how moving a machine a couple of feet can increase your business. It's all about location. Not just the account but the location within the account.

I moved a triple head machine doing $35 per month, from the doorway of an account to the front corner of their counter and it went up to $75 per month. From there I added a stand, 2" capsule machine & sticker/tattoo machine and it does $165 per month.

Thanks for starting this post. This is an important topic that everyone should and must think about for 2009 and beyond.

Gary

Islander,

I have noticed a slight downturn in my area on sales but pretty close to the seasonal norms. However, I too have noticed many vendors who have not serviced in several cycles whose machines are empty or very poorly maintained. It seems I noticed this trend with vendors starting in the summer when gas was at its highest.

I agree with Gary, this is the opportunity to shine and make a difference by standing out with quality.

Mark