Snack box update

bhumphrey829

Do you believe you will reach your 300 box goal by end this week?  Very impressive and your growth is awesome.  I have been following your progress.  I recently got new job home on the weekends and thinking about getting a honor box route going.  Not sure if I want to go with snack boxes or lollipop boxes.  The closest Sams Club is 45 miles away from my town.   I have few bulk machines out now.  I am thinking lollipop boxes may be good start that way only have 2 keep 1 inventory item on hand. 

22 hours ago, Beachbumvending said:

Do you believe you will reach your 300 box goal by end this week?  Very impressive and your growth is awesome.  I have been following your progress.  I recently got new job home on the weekends and thinking about getting a honor box route going.  Not sure if I want to go with snack boxes or lollipop boxes.  The closest Sams Club is 45 miles away from my town.   I have few bulk machines out now.  I am thinking lollipop boxes may be good start that way only have 2 keep 1 inventory item on hand. 

Hey Beachbumvending!

If I could make a suggestion, if you are only planning on running your route on the weekend, I would stick with the lollipop/mint boxes.  First, the accounts that you will want with the honor snack trays are typically the "9-5, Mon - Fri" offices and industrial shops.  Running a honor snack boxes on the weekends would only net you retail accounts, which traditionally are not your strongest accounts for snack trays.  Second, the mint/lollipop boxes work best on the counters of retail/restaurant type businesses.  I think you have the right idea of starting with the lollipop boxes, since you are looking at a limited time frame for running your route.  Hope all works out for you! :)

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, Beachbumvending said:

I won't reach 300 this year, which was my goal, but the longer I do this the more I realize it's not so much about the number of locations, but it's about the number of quality locations.  I could have gotten to 300 easily had I just kept placing without pulling bad accounts, and while I my goal is to be 400 by the end of this next year, I am still focusing on getting "quality" locations.  Good luck on you business adventure, which ever way you decide to go

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

Do you pick a separate day to buy your products for restocking? Or the same day you do your route?

I have actually recently changed the way I do that.  My routine was I go to the gym at 5:30 and workout from 5:30 to 6:30 because that gave me time to get dressed and get to Sams right when they open at 7.  I click and pull my order the night before so all I have to do is go in and pick it up. I take the products to the warehouse and build my boxes for that days route.  I would be on the road between 9:15 and 9:30

Now, to save time, my routine hasn't changed other than the fact that now I go in and pick up my order for the next day's route.  I already the day's route already made up so I can get on the road earlier.  Then after my route is done I go to Sam's and pick up my order for the next day and go and build the  next day's route.

On 1/17/2018 at 5:22 AM, bhumphrey829 said:

I have actually recently changed the way I do that.  My routine was I go to the gym at 5:30 and workout from 5:30 to 6:30 because that gave me time to get dressed and get to Sams right when they open at 7.  I click and pull my order the night before so all I have to do is go in and pick it up. I take the products to the warehouse and build my boxes for that days route.  I would be on the road between 9:15 and 9:30

Now, to save time, my routine hasn't changed other than the fact that now I go in and pick up my order for the next day's route.  I already the day's route already made up so I can get on the road earlier.  Then after my route is done I go to Sam's and pick up my order for the next day and go and build the  next day's route.

Good deal. Sounds like you're well organized.

On 1/17/2018 at 5:22 AM, bhumphrey829 said:

EXCELLENT system, Bryan!  That's probably the smartest way to run the routes.  Having the boxes prepacked makes things way easier for servicing accounts.  We do the same here, my packing line is prepacking all the boxes for the route drivers for the next day.  Nice job!

Hi there,

Do you feel that one can be just as successful and profitable using the Acrylic Plastic Honor boxes from Sheridansystems selling the bite size York candy?  Also, they charge 50 cents per label per month for the breast cancer charity label - is that the best way to go?  Both my mother and sister are breast cancer survivors so I truly appreciate your honest advice on which way is the best way to go regarding the donations and the labels?

Thanks so much.

I believe any type of vending business, (bulk, snack box, mints/lollipops, or full line), can be successful.  It all depends on you.  When you first start out, it is important to treat it like a business,  If you treat it like a hobby, that's exactly the kind of money you will make, but if you get out there, have persistence, and stick with it, yes, the mint business can be a huge success for you.  I actually used the Sheridan charity labels until just recently, which is when I found that in my line of business, it's easier for me to get into businesses not using a charity, but yes, the candy for a cause is a great charity in my opinion and it gives you credibility in case a business wants to make sure you are legit because there have been a couple of occasions where the business wanted to check out my charity that I was using and they called and Margarett, who is in charge over at Sheridan has vouched for me.  Hope this helps

On 1/29/2018 at 3:44 PM, njvend101 said:

Hi there,

Do you feel that one can be just as successful and profitable using the Acrylic Plastic Honor boxes from Sheridansystems selling the bite size York candy?  Also, they charge 50 cents per label per month for the breast cancer charity label - is that the best way to go?  Both my mother and sister are breast cancer survivors so I truly appreciate your honest advice on which way is the best way to go regarding the donations and the labels?

Thanks so much.

Sorry not to butt in or anything, but I use plastic honor boxes bite size candy. Don't use just York. Go to Sam's and get a variety bite size candy mix. People love that. That way you have something for everyone. Not everyone likes mints.

Greetings Gator Vending,

I have about 40 honor snack box locations already in the Dallas area and adding 4-5 a week. I was wondering how many of your boxes are the large snack boxes? I'm wondering when it's time to upgrade a location from a small honor snack box to a large honor snack box?

I would say about 175 of my boxes are the larger boxes.  I always service at least twice.  At that time if there has been back to back $12.00 or more then I upgrade to the large box.  Of course there are always exceptions and this no scientific stuff lol, just the way I do it.  But if I put a box in and they tell me they have over 15 employees I bring a large box the next service.  Hope this helps.  If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.   Good to see a fellow "TEXAN" on here lol.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:16 PM, Savemyworld said:

Greetings Gator Vending,

I have about 40 honor snack box locations already in the Dallas area and adding 4-5 a week. I was wondering how many of your boxes are the large snack boxes? I'm wondering when it's time to upgrade a location from a small honor snack box to a large honor snack box?

On 2/10/2018 at 7:49 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

I would say about 175 of my boxes are the larger boxes.  I always service at least twice.  At that time if there has been back to back $12.00 or more then I upgrade to the large box.  Of course there are always exceptions and this no scientific stuff lol, just the way I do it.  But if I put a box in and they tell me they have over 15 employees I bring a large box the next service.  Hope this helps.  If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.   Good to see a fellow "TEXAN" on here lol.

As both of you get bigger and grow your routes, you will reach a point when you will only want to place the large snack tray and eliminate the smaller one.  This is strictly for simplicity.  It will just be much easier for you to pack one style box than to try to customize two different boxes.  But for now, I like your plan of using the smaller box as a "feeler" box to get a sense for the volume an account will do.

Bryan, as always, your numbers are looking GREAT!  You are rapidly approaching that 300 account mark.  Keep it up! :) 

Thanks Tony.  My goal at the start of they year was to get to 300 by April.  I think I will hit that if no unforeseen problems lol.  And I keep going back and forth in my head as far as the box sizes.  I totally understand what you mean about the simplicity of it,  In fact I have been amazed at the time I am saving in stocking my boxes using just uniform line of products instead of worrying about what comes back and what they are eating.  I'm just afraid I will have to pull quite a few accounts if I go all large only because I have several with small boxes that only do 5 or 6 dollars per service.

6 hours ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Thanks Tony.  My goal at the start of they year was to get to 300 by April.  I think I will hit that if no unforeseen problems lol.  And I keep going back and forth in my head as far as the box sizes.  I totally understand what you mean about the simplicity of it,  In fact I have been amazed at the time I am saving in stocking my boxes using just uniform line of products instead of worrying about what comes back and what they are eating.  I'm just afraid I will have to pull quite a few accounts if I go all large only because I have several with small boxes that only do 5 or 6 dollars per service.

My box cost is $7.00... Everything after that is charity and profit. I have a full time job. I definitely look up to you. I have a full time job and am doing vending and that. A lot of time I rely on "recycled product" coming back to help boost up the profit. Would I be too nosy to assume your box cost is $14.00 per box? Thinking about increasing my box size at a few locations myself. Plus you said you knew someone who had the wood looking boxes. I would be interested in that! Thanks Brian. Don't mean to pick your brain. Jerry