Snack box update

bhumphrey829

Weekly update:  327 locations:  Grossed $2,022.50  Theft ran 15%  Avg.  $20.85 per box, serviced 97 locations, (ran 4 days)

11 hours ago, flintflash said:

Rock solid week, my friend!  That is a HUGE box average.  How are the sales going?  Are you going back through your routes and reselling those territories?  Keep up the AWESOME work, buddy!  :) 

Yes, sir I am going back through and trying to get some of my old locations back.

19 hours ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:  331 locations.  Grossed $2,149.50  Avg.  $21.95 per box.  Theft ran 20% ( a little high for me).  Ran 4 days.

Another GREAT week, Bryan!  Don't sweat the 20% short.  Just keep simple notes and don't panic.  Your box average is fantastic and more than makes up for the little higher shortage.  Finesse the accounts and the shortage will fall in line.  NICE JOB!

Wow, you are carrying a GREAT box average going into summer.  I see your shortages crept up a little bit.  Don't panic.  Just take a look at the overall accounts you serviced and ask yourself : #1 - Is is just a handful of accounts that impacted the overall shortage?; and if so #2 - is it an isolated incident?  Continue leaving your notes and see how they fare next service.

8 hours ago, flintflash said:

Wow, you are carrying a GREAT box average going into summer.  I see your shortages crept up a little bit.  Don't panic.  Just take a look at the overall accounts you serviced and ask yourself : #1 - Is is just a handful of accounts that impacted the overall shortage?; and if so #2 - is it an isolated incident?  Continue leaving your notes and see how they fare next service.

Maybe it's due to the holiday we just had. People tend to go broke during the holiday.

13 hours ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

Maybe it's due to the holiday we just had. People tend to go broke during the holiday.

That's a possibility, Jerry.  The Holidays do tend to have an impact on the routes.  The biggest impact is typically usage, it seems to drop.  A drop in volume will always inflate shortages.  We mainly see a rise in shortages around the Christmas holiday, due to temp help and/or folks looking for "extra shopping funds"....lol.

Yeah, my average is staying up there, not sure what's going on with shortage.  It is just a few accounts on each route that make up a good portion of the shortages.  I'm also a lot slower on pulling accounts (thanks to some good advice from you Tony).  I can see how pulling so many accounts will keep moving further and further out.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:16 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:  333 locations.  Grossed $2,029.25.  Avg.  $19.70 per box.  Theft ran 17%  Serviced 104 locations. (ran 4 days)

Perfect!  The shortages are already back where they should be and you are still bringing in over $2000 for the week.  EXCELLENT week, my friend! :)

Thanks Tony, getting tougher with my locations, only because my routes are getting bigger so while I am still able to get my 5 new locations, but i'm not having enough time to get my one a day tues-fri, which is why my locations are going up each  week but only by one or two instead of 4 or 5.  Still working shortages, and replacing really high ones with new locations.

Yes, sir, it's a slower process since my routes are getting longer, but it's all good.  Can't figure out the theft though because it has increased 

from about 15-15 percent to sometimes over 20 percent and I used to never have 20%  weeks I guess  that's part of growing pains lol

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:   337 locations:  Grossed $2,290.25  Avg  $21.80 per box.  Theft ran 16%  Serviced 105 boxes.  Ran 4 days

Still Rockin' and a' Rollin', Bryan!  You're posting some really strong numbers.  Looks like things are falling into place.  GREAT work!  :)

On 7/27/2018 at 5:00 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:  337.  Grossed  $2,187.00 Avg  $21.85 per box  Theft ran 18%  serviced 100 boxes.  (Ran 4 days)

Another GREAT week, buddy!  I am seeing consistency in your routes as they settle into a routine.  Once you are comfortable with this progress, it will be time to grow again.  Keep up the good work!  :) 

LOL, thanks, my friend and I am actually still trying to grow now.  However, it has slowed down only because my routes are taking longer to run so I do not have as much time as I did before to put out boxes during the week.  I still get my 5 new locations every Monday, but I may pull 3 or 4 bad ones that week also.  Where as before I would put out my 5 new ones but I also would be replacing any that I may pull during the week.  I am trying a different strategy this Monday.  Instead of putting out 5 I am going to put out 10 and see how much that helps me grow over the coming weeks.

By the way I am always being selfish and talking about my business on here,  how is yours going?

On 7/29/2018 at 2:32 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

LOL, thanks, my friend and I am actually still trying to grow now.  However, it has slowed down only because my routes are taking longer to run so I do not have as much time as I did before to put out boxes during the week.  I still get my 5 new locations every Monday, but I may pull 3 or 4 bad ones that week also.  Where as before I would put out my 5 new ones but I also would be replacing any that I may pull during the week.  I am trying a different strategy this Monday.  Instead of putting out 5 I am going to put out 10 and see how much that helps me grow over the coming weeks.

By the way I am always being selfish and talking about my business on here,  how is yours going?

Ahhhh....Growing Pains...LOL!  Aiming for 10 sales is a very good and reachable target.  That is what I have my Sales Reps shoot for each day.  

Things are going well here.  I am STILL trying to find a second sales rep.  Hiring is a BUGGER!  Be happy that you don't have to deal with employees yet...lol.  Anyone who is worth hiring is already working.  The rest...well, most don't want to work or think they should be making $15 hour and then don't work.  It's sad.  We implemented an new accounting program about 3 months ago and my office is finally comfortable with it.  Other than that...same old same old.  We have been running quite a few NEW items in the boxes though.  I have connected with several new manufacturers and can meet their shipping minimums, so we've been taking advantage of going Direct with these companies, as opposed to using a distributor for these items.  That has been working out great!  

I hope things keep going up, Up, UP! for you.  Hoping to make a trip to Texas one day and swing on by.  I'd love to check out the Dallas market down there.  I think there is some HUGE opportunities there.  :)