Snack box update

bhumphrey829

3 hours ago, flintflash said:

You have a TON of growth potential in your area, buddy!  I'm not sure how far out you are going right now, but as you expand your borders, it will be easier to sell more.  I figure that an area can be resold after about 6 months.  So as you grow, your market area will grow to the point that you will have plenty of territory to rotate between a 6 month period.  For a sales rep to thoroughly sell my market area, it would take about 2.5 years, so territory is always ready to be sold at any time.  This makes it easier for them to sell 6-10 boxes everyday.  Oh, and my route drivers don't do the selling.  I have sales reps that concentrate on only putting on new sales.  I'd love to see what your area coverage is right now.  I would be happy to check out the area and see what would make sense to expand to.  :)  

Absolutely, what information would you need from me for you to check it out?  I can tell you that the longest distance i drive to a route is about 52 miles right now

On 9/28/2018 at 8:23 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Absolutely, what information would you need from me for you to check it out?  I can tell you that the longest distance i drive to a route is about 52 miles right now

Hey Brian!

Send me a PM of your "Home base" city and a list of the cities you go to already.  I know you had sent me info to your routing program before.  Not sure if I have access, but really all I need is your hometown and the towns you already cover.  :)

51 minutes ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:  339 locations.  Grossed $2,017.25  Avg. $18.30 per box.  Shortage 14%  serviced 110 locations. 

Another SUPER week!  Shortages are settling back down.  Good box avg.  Keep it up!  Oh...and I finally hired a couple of sales reps, taking us to 3 total.  Going to hit my areas hard.  Been down about 100-150 accounts from last year.  Plan on making that up before the year-end.  See...your progress even inspires us veterans...lol.  Thanks buddy!  :) 

11 hours ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Wow that's awesome, Tony.  If you don't mind me asking, do you pay your sales people a set rate per location, or how does yours work?

$15/account.  My veteran sales reps make more, but that is what I start out at.  

On 9/28/2018 at 8:58 AM, flintflash said:

So true, so true!  My biggest issue with phone sales is that it is NOT a true sale.  There is way too much time between the phone sale and when the box gets delivered for the customer to change their minds.  Besides, I don't believe for one minute that the leads those locators give are 100% sold and solid leads.  I can easily go through the phone listings, give someone a list of businesses and tell them that these places want snack trays.  A few of them may even take a tray, but it would be the face-to-face contact that sold the tray.  The ONLY way to sell Honor snacks is to do it door-to-door and face-to-face.  Let the customer see your service, talk with the customer and encourage them to try you out.  

It has been so FUN to watch your business grow these last couple years and you are about ready to jump to that next level.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, my friend!  :)

Door to door is the only way to see snack trays.

32 minutes ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:  336 locations.  Grossed $1,997.25  Avg.  $17.65 per box.  Theft ran 22% serviced 113 locations, (ran 5 days)

Doing SUPER, buddy!  I notice that one week has a higher box average that the other.  That quite normal.  I have routes that are completely different.  Some have huge usage and box averages compared to others.  Different areas are like that.  :) 

4 hours ago, flintflash said:

Doing SUPER, buddy!  I notice that one week has a higher box average that the other.  That quite normal.  I have routes that are completely different.  Some have huge usage and box averages compared to others.  Different areas are like that.  :) 

Thanks, Tony, and my theft was a little high this week, but it's because the route i ran today was 32%.  Needless to say i need to work on this route, although this particular route has been running between 16 and 21% so i'm not sure what happened this service lol

On 10/26/2018 at 8:55 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Thanks, Tony, and my theft was a little high this week, but it's because the route i ran today was 32%.  Needless to say i need to work on this route, although this particular route has been running between 16 and 21% so i'm not sure what happened this service lol

Not sure how big the route is, but when you are servicing a smaller route, sometimes all it takes is one or two accounts to affect it.  That is something that I try to get across to my route drivers.  The larger the route, the less impact one account can have on the overall shortage.  So, let's say you only serviced 20 accounts as compared to 30 accounts, one bad account or one "rip off" can greatly impact the overall route.  With that in mind, look at that route as one to build (if it is a smaller route).  That will help maintain your shortages.  I can show you more specifics if you need.   Keep up the AWESOME work!  :)

On 11/9/2018 at 5:40 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:  345 locations.  Grossed $2,175.25  Avg.  $22.30 per box.  Theft ran 13% serviced 107 locations. (ran 4days)

Excellent week, buddy!  Really great numbers!  I wish I had YOUR box average.  :)  Keep it up! 

1 hour ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Lol thanks buddy.  Just remember my box average is higher because all of my routes are on a 3 week cycle,

We are on a 13 business day cycle, so with weekends falling in there, we a roughly on a 2.5 to 3 week cycle.  Keep up the GREAT work buddy!  :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update:  337 locations.  Grossed $1,971.50  Avg.  $17.75 per box.  Theft ran 17%  serviced 111 locations, (ran 5 days)

Hi Brian. Hey wanted to ask you a question. You pack all your boxes the previous day... I'm guessing. When you transport your boxes. Do you carry them in totes? Cardboard boxes? Something else? Because that's a lot of trays in one vehicle if that's a non stop route.i only (don't laugh) carry 2 to 4 at a time in totes. Mine are local and not 50 miles out like you spoke of. Thanks Jerry.

Edited by jerrybrooksvendall
no text

2 hours ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

Hi Brian. Hey wanted to ask you a question. You pack all your boxes the previous day... I'm guessing. When you transport your boxes. Do you carry them in totes? Cardboard boxes? Something else? Because that's a lot of trays in one vehicle if that's a non stop route.i only (don't laugh) carry 2 to 4 at a time in totes. Mine are local and not 50 miles out like you spoke of. Thanks Jerry.

Hey Jerry!

I don't mean to interject myself into the conversation, but we use cardboard sleeves.  Makes it easy to stack the boxes in our vans and protects the product from getting smashed.  I don't know which boxes you are using (Cameron or Sheridan), but you should be able to get sleeves for transporting them ( I would think).  We can stack easily 100 snack trays  (or more) into a Chevy van.  If you pack that many, you want to load them tightly together to prevent "dumping your pile" when you take corners or have to brake suddenly.  :) 

5 hours ago, flintflash said:

Hey Jerry!

I don't mean to interject myself into the conversation, but we use cardboard sleeves.  Makes it easy to stack the boxes in our vans and protects the product from getting smashed.  I don't know which boxes you are using (Cameron or Sheridan), but you should be able to get sleeves for transporting them ( I would think).  We can stack easily 100 snack trays  (or more) into a Chevy van.  If you pack that many, you want to load them tightly together to prevent "dumping your pile" when you take corners or have to brake suddenly.  :) 

Thank-you my local brother! I don't have 100.i have around a quarter of that, but growing! And yes I'm being careful of any of your boxes!!! I have to blend that stuff in with my candy routes also. I use Cameron boxes, but I don't know what sleeves are. Do they have them on the Cameron web site? I've never upgraded to a full tray, although I should! I'm still coming to see you in Flint next time I'm servicing my machines up that way.

• Like 1