Snack box update

bhumphrey829

What is your expected profit out of that $1127?

Around $560.00 for this week.  I still consider myself very  new at this.  I have only been doing this full time for 1 year (at the end of this month).  So i am still learning the ins and outs of the business.  It would be a lot easier if there more people on this forum that did this type of business, but most of them do the mint boxes, so I'm pretty limited on the "brains" to pick on here for information, so it's kind of like trial by fire right now, although I absolutely love what i do and can't imagine doing anything else.  I am trying to get my product cost down, which is the hardest part for me right now, because most of the locations i have love chocolate, and that's the most expensive item i have in my boxes, so it's definitely a learning process right now.

I would say you already have a real good handle on your business and the business of honor boxes.  People can use your examples of how to run their business and gauge their successes.  I'm surprised you still offer chocolate in the summer.  That could be the time you introduce more non-chocolate items and just tell people that you can't bring chocolate back until the late fall when it won't melt.  That allows you flexibility to wean them off of chocolate.

I would say you already have a real good handle on your business and the business of honor boxes. People can use your examples of how to run their business and gauge their successes. I'm surprised you still offer chocolate in the summer. That could be the time you introduce more non-chocolate items and just tell people that you can't bring chocolate back until the late fall when it won't melt. That allows you flexibility to wean them off of chocolate.

You would be surprised! I thought heat would affect sales of chocolate, but I check my snack machines, and there sold out of chocolate!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Around $560.00 for this week. I still consider myself very new at this. I have only been doing this full time for 1 year (at the end of this month). So i am still learning the ins and outs of the business. It would be a lot easier if there more people on this forum that did this type of business, but most of them do the mint boxes, so I'm pretty limited on the "brains" to pick on here for information, so it's kind of like trial by fire right now, although I absolutely love what i do and can't imagine doing anything else. I am trying to get my product cost down, which is the hardest part for me right now, because most of the locations i have love chocolate, and that's the most expensive item i have in my boxes, so it's definitely a learning process right now.

I plan to throw my hat in the ring by next fall...

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

I would say you already have a real good handle on your business and the business of honor boxes.  People can use your examples of how to run their business and gauge their successes.  I'm surprised you still offer chocolate in the summer.  That could be the time you introduce more non-chocolate items and just tell people that you can't bring chocolate back until the late fall when it won't melt.  That allows you flexibility to wean them off of chocolate.

AZ, i agree about the chocolate especially here in  East texas.  i only do chocolate right now for businesses that have a/c's.  My problem is i'm still too small to get products from anyone other than Sam's and there's only  so much to choose from that's really a dilemma I have right now about introducing new product

AZ, i agree about the chocolate especially here in East texas. i only do chocolate right now for businesses that have a/c's. My problem is i'm still too small to get products from anyone other than Sam's and there's only so much to choose from that's really a dilemma I have right now about introducing new product

Call me, I can help you with a supplier maybe

If you think that's tough try doing 20-26 full line machines a day.  Some days are 12 hours long.

The actual running of the route doesn't take but about 2.5 hours including driving.  It takes about 1.5 hours to make up my boxes in the morning and then another 1.5 to 2 hours to do count the money and document what was left in the boxes

bhumphrey how do you calculate your theft?  I run mint patties in the Sheridan Honor Boxes.  Since they are priced at 50 cents each or 3/$1.00, I don't know how to calculate theft.  Right now, I have been calculating an average return per mint per location.  

bhumphrey how do you calculate your theft?  I run mint patties in the Sheridan Honor Boxes.  Since they are priced at 50 cents each or 3/$1.00, I don't know how to calculate theft.  Right now, I have been calculating an average return per mint per location.  

Well, calculating my theft is easier than yours because everything box is $1.00

Thank you for your replies.  For the most part, I have been averaging around .29, so when I compare it to what I figure at .33 I do see some theft.  But, I assume that is just the cost of doing this business.