Snack box update

bhumphrey829

One way to change pricing would be to bring in a new box that looks different, add a few new products that might have a higher perceived value.

For the first 4-6 months it may not get the extra .25, but after awhile they usually come around. 

I haven't done it with snack boxes, but plenty of other stuff. 

Also, if there's ever a change in prices, even slightly in product or gas, you can change it then and leave a note that says, "due to an increase in product cost", or " operation costs" we need to Raise prices too continue bringing excellent products and service.

On bulk, I just changed it without anything. Sales numbers dropped a little on product moving, but my gross money stayed the same for about6 months, then has increased.

You know I have snack machines in the ghetto. When I raised prices they all revolted,but eventually they do come around!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

Good news! Even though the lingerie store said I couldn't have my box there the employees are keeping it in the back! So their still my customer! Win win for both!

LOl that's great news.  I  have several places that the company said they couldn't have but the employees keep it and put it up when  the "big wigs" come in

27 minutes ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update: 187 locations.  Grossed $1,634.00  Avg $21.50  Theft ran at 4%  Serviced 76 boxes

Holy cow! 4% on 76 boxes. I've kept tabs on this thread for awhile, hoping to gain some insight for when I plan to roll out my snack boxes next year, and I don't think I've seen it that low before. It's that the best shrink % you've ever had? 

• Like 1

Holy cow! 4% on 76 boxes. I've kept tabs on this thread for awhile, hoping to gain some insight for when I plan to roll out my snack boxes next year, and I don't think I've seen it that low before. It's that the best shrink % you've ever had? 

Seriously. His customers have more "honor" than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bhumphrey829 said:

Weekly update: 187 locations.  Grossed $1,634.00  Avg $21.50  Theft ran at 4%  Serviced 76 boxes

Are you using software to generate these theft numbers for you? 

I don't think I'll necessarily be able to track theft as accurately as you because I'm just doing lollipop honor boxes. Each box can hold 63 lollipops, with the box stating it's .50 cents each or 3 for $1. So if in one week 30 lollipops are gone and I collect $15 then I can verify there was zero theft. But if I collect $10 then I really can't know if that was theft or everyone just doing 3 for $1.

But of course my hope is everything will be offset by the random generous person that doesn't even want a lollipop, they just put in $10 or $20 for the charity purpose. 

43 minutes ago, Minorcan said:

Are you using software to generate these theft numbers for you? 

I don't think I'll necessarily be able to track theft as accurately as you because I'm just doing lollipop honor boxes. Each box can hold 63 lollipops, with the box stating it's .50 cents each or 3 for $1. So if in one week 30 lollipops are gone and I collect $15 then I can verify there was zero theft. But if I collect $10 then I really can't know if that was theft or everyone just doing 3 for $1.

But of course my hope is everything will be offset by the random generous person that doesn't even want a lollipop, they just put in $10 or $20 for the charity purpose. 

I calculate my shrink at the lowest possible sale price, which is usually 33 cents. I run mostly mint boxes, so with only one product is pretty simple to figure out. Although, I mostly concern myself with my actual profit. That's the number that means the most to me. If I have a box making me $30/mo. in  profit but the shrink is say 40%, I'm going to be okay with it. 

It's impossible to know exactly who took how many. You're best bet is to figure off of the lowest price point, since it's more likely that peel are taking the better deal. 

22 hours ago, QuikVend said:

Yes, most definitely the lowest theft ever. 

Yes, most definitely the lowest theft ever. 

Do you ever get supplies from vistar? Having so many accounts.. Would seem like a sensible thing to do. Regular chips like Doritos and lays..I would get at Sam's or Gordon's., but off the wall items at vistar. I have a new menu, and some items are pretty good!

3 hours ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

Do you ever get supplies from vistar? Having so many accounts.. Would seem like a sensible thing to do. Regular chips like Doritos and lays..I would get at Sam's or Gordon's., but off the wall items at vistar. I have a new menu, and some items are pretty good!

I really want to use Vistar.  I actually have an account with them, but their minimum orders are way above my limit, and i can't even figure out how narrow down the search to my vending needs, they have soooooo many items.

On 12/29/2016 at 1:53 PM, jerrybrooksvendall said:

I really want to use Vistar.  I actually have an account with them, but their minimum orders are way above my limit, and i can't even figure out how narrow down the search to my vending needs, they have soooooo many items.

1 hour ago, Candyguy said:

Are you finding any resistance or drop in sales at the $1.25 price point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I haven't changed any of boxes that were $1.00.  Only the new ones are $1.25  but it seems to be doing just fine.  Right now it's the Holidays that are killing sales.

1 hour ago, rodney69 said:

Call them and ask for a paper catalogue. Or how to narrow it by product/ size.

They also have Will call. Then the min it's super low.

Call my cell tomorrow if you need help with it Brian

Thanks Rodney, I always appreciate your help

58 minutes ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

What is will count?

Will call is where you put in a small order and actually go to the facility and  pick it up.  I have a facility about 2.5 hours from my house.  It's in Dallas Tx

Will call is where you put in a small order and actually go to the facility and  pick it up.  I have a facility about 2.5 hours from my house.  It's in Dallas Tx

How small.? I ordered apple pies,and had to pay for 48 of them. I can order less than that? I thought they had to be promotional items to do that?

27 minutes ago, jerrybrooksvendall said:

How small.? I ordered apple pies,and had to pay for 48 of them. I can order less than that? I thought they had to be promotional items to do that?

The lady there told me that that they could mix match cases, i'm not exactly sure how works but she told me that they could work with me to make it affordable