1" toys - what's selling well?

Dmkraz

I Know New England can be unique in what sells, but here goes.

I do well with Squishland, diamond gems, nice erasers, grow animals, and bouncy balls. Puppy figurines are also excellent but I can't place a big enough order for a discount so I don't run them too often.

What 1" is selling for you?

Maybe the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ is due to the quality of questions being asked. Not to be snarky but honestly when I started out I used to go to the nearest grocery with  machines and watched what the big operators were putting in and watched the heads to see what was selling. I swear if this was a new car forum there would be 1000 posts asking where to buy a car. THINK

Musser, I agree that it is tedious on here at times because of the repetitive questions but that is the nature of this forum plain and simple. Unfortunately people just won't use the search function and as long as I have been on here (since the first year) it has always been that way. If it is really that exasperating then why reply? A non response may force people to use the search tools. As far as the ZZZZZZ comment goes an occasional funny/sarcastic blurb is great but consistently boorish behavior gets old just as quickly as un-researched questions.

Wow. I've been on this forum and vending successfully since 2012. I've read hundreds of hours of old posts and I can tell you exactly what sold well in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. What I don't know is what others are selling well the last few months. Brand has new toys, TNT has new toys. Pretty reasonable question to me musser. But of course you immediately assumed I was brand new and didn't read anything. This is a forum - either give the benefit of the doubt or don't reply. That is if you want this place to stop being a ghost town.

Maybe the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ is due to the quality of questions being asked. Not to be snarky but honestly when I started out I used to go to the nearest grocery with machines and watched what the big operators were putting in and watched the heads to see what was selling. I swear if this was a new car forum there would be 1000 posts asking where to buy a car. THINK

That's the same way I figured out where to buy bulk toys.

Wow. I've been on this forum and vending successfully since 2012. I've read hundreds of hours of old posts and I can tell you exactly what sold well in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. What I don't know is what others are selling well the last few months. Brand has new toys, TNT has new toys. Pretty reasonable question to me musser. But of course you immediately assumed I was brand new and didn't read anything. This is a forum - either give the benefit of the doubt or don't reply. That is if you want this place to stop being a ghost town.

What's your vend price point on new brand stuff

What's your vend price point on new brand stuff

Haven't purchased the newest stuff yet. I've been running squish and fossil friends (and most toys) at 50 cents.

I still watch what the big operators to see what they buy. I also know my suppliers very well and know when a product is being pushed out at a discount rather than purchased due to good sales. This is the best advise I can give. Watch what the REAL success stories ( big operators) are doing if you want to learn anything. Study THEM.

Forums are a nice place to visit and chit chat, get to know some folks, maybe identify some possible competition.

Folks here have been talking about a ghost town. Well, remember this about the posts of those you don't here from anymore. The great majority of those no longer here absolutely failed in this business. And they all failed for the same reason. They relied upon the advise passed out here way too much. Bluntly: rather than become students of the wealthy too many thought way too much of what they could get for free.

Product that sells in other areas doesn't mean it will sell where you're at or where I'm at.

I just picked up some stands and machines a couple weeks ago. We got to talking and he offered me several boxes of flat and the displays for free. He said he can't sell them at all. The point?

They're one of my better sellers! I do like hearing what sells or ideas, but every area is different, even with in ones own route or area.

I sell 1" sticky all day for .50, other areas can't.

Some sold the minions stuff like crazy, I can't move it.

I still watch what the big operators to see what they buy. I also know my suppliers very well and know when a product is being pushed out at a discount rather than purchased due to good sales. This is the best advise I can give. Watch what the REAL success stories ( big operators) are doing if you want to learn anything. Study THEM.

Thanks Musser. Always appreciate your input.

This is a very regional question like Mr. Rodney mentioned. I don't like dealing with many products so we stick to a very few selections. I love 27mm bouncy balls because you can fit so many in each machine. Bouncy balls, fun time mix and just a standard mystery mix is what we run.

This thread has gone way off topic, so I deleted most of those off topic posts.

Remember we have the Golpher Hole. I attempt to be a little more lax there. 

But I do want to respond to one off topic comment:

The way I understand it Mage paid 50%, Performa And Family locators picked up 25% each. Atleast that's what HAVending told me.
A guy named Frank was gonna buy it but he chickened out.

I paid 100% to buy this forum. I reactivated a credit card to do it to fit my budget. (Well technically it wasn't deactivated, I just didn't have a physical copy of it, and had to get the info to be able to use it.) Love that interest rate.

Now lets get back on topic.

The way I understand it Mage paid 50%, Performa And Family locators picked up 25% each. Atleast that's what HAVending told me.

A guy named Frank was gonna buy it but he chickened out.

That info never came from me. I think you have been playing with too many balls your starting to talk crazy.

Letting performa run another forum is like giving Obama a third term.

What's selling well?

Punch/rocket

SSM jewelry mix

Love doughnuts

Gem pets

That info never came from me. I think you have been playing with too many balls your starting to talk crazy.

Letting performa run another forum is like giving Obama a third term.

What's selling well?

Punch/rocket

SSM jewelry mix

Love doughnuts

Gem pets

Sorry to hear you feel that way sir.

My top 1" sellers have been, in order:

Silver and Gold (Flatline, 50 cents)

Squishland (Brand, 25 cents most places)

27mm BB's (S&B, 25 cents)

Whips and Hammers (Flatline, 25 cents)

This thread has gone way off topic, so I deleted most of those off topic posts.

Remember we have the Golpher Hole. I attempt to be a little more lax there.

But I do want to respond to one off topic comment:

I paid 100% to buy this forum. I reactivated a credit card to do it to fit my budget. (Well technically it wasn't deactivated, I just didn't have a physical copy of it, and had to get the info to be able to use it.) Love that interest rate.

Now lets get back on topic.

What kind of interest rate you get?

• 2 years later...

New to toys aswell. Been using the search bar, alot of people seem to do well with food erasers,sticky hand mixes,jewelery, and bouncy balls. I figured because bouncy balls bounce away=kids have to buy another,sticky hands collect dirt=kids have to buy another,jewelery fades=kids have to buy another,erasers ware down=kids have to buy another. Older vendors. Is this what causes consistent repeat vends? Or will kids get bored of these types of toys regardless?

Archived