Best Locations

mwinn33

Check out the collection numbers people post in the members plus section.

I think a basic "recipe" for a good location is where people need to kill a little time and places kids see the machine ahead of time to create "THE PLEG FACTOR". 

My best location for a basic 2 head consistantly is a funiture store.

If you find a location that has an employee that is "addicted" to one type of candy that location can rock. I have one 3 head in a place that the employees eat the heck out of it. One guy puts in about $20/month the location does over $50. The problem here is if the employees change this locations sales can drop of the face of the cliff. I have a few family breakfast style restaurants very consistent decent numbers. Busy family style pizza joints, busy taco shops, multiple hair dressers in a salon are are consistent locations. It's basically fishing hit and miss, however the more foot traffic and linger time bingo! I've been trying to get some machines in the little foyer of a Chilis for a year the manager is fine with it but his Regional has a bug up her _____ about the cleanliness of vending machines. There are always families just waiting around that area. I am waiting for something to change, ie her moving to a different position.

I only have 2, I'm expecting the better one to be the car repair shop waiting room.

I'll be checking it tomorrow morning. (I put it monday, but I'll be there to get my oil changed so I might as well see how it's doing)

mwinn33

Look at the title under your name in one of your posts. It shows you are a plus member now. The best location seems to be one where you have someone who can't resist one of your selections. I have a small body shop that tears through the gum and M&M's. It is the office girl and one of the guys in the shop. I always ask if I see someone near where I put it if they have any favorites.

My best locations are a Veterinary Clinic and a Nursing Home.

Do you put animal treats in the machine at the vet clinic? If so what do you put in it and where did you buy it? I thought about trying an animal place but didn't know what I should put there.

And where is the machine at the nursing home located? in employee break room or in the lobby?

Actually, the one I was thinking of is at an Animal Shelter. It currently has Hot Tamales, Reese's Pieces, and Jelly Beans and is projected at close to $40 this month. Lots of kids there adopting puppies and the such. I do have one at a Vet clinic vending Mike & Ike, Skittles, and M&M Peanuts. The one at the nursing home (a skilled nursing and rehab facility) is located by the employee time clock in a little alcove, right next to a soda machine. It's vending M&M Peanut, Jelly beans, and M&M Plain.

Animal shelters do a decent amount. That was my first placement when I started into vending. It is also my charity so that was an easy sell. Mine is in the local Humane Society lobby. Even if they say no you can always try a 10% commission for the placement instead of your charity.