Gum Purchases

Quarter Master

I am currently in the process of an expieriment on switching product to increase sales. Has anyone ever bought any products from GumDirect.com ? Questions I have are:

1 - Is the product fresh ?

2 - Is delivery prompt ?

3 - Any hassles of any kind with them ?

Their prices seem to be good including shipping. I'm looking to purchase a case (9900ct) of Chickle type tab gum. Please chime in with any suggestions.

Just check to see if it is Double Bubble. It may not be as fresh as they say it is if it is the same as Sam's DB. If you do stick with it, Sam's does let business members in before the regular customers. At $35 for a year and two cards it is a good deal to consider.

I have had years of fustration dealing with incompetent suppliers and their stale gum products. I only use Carousel now and have found them to be the best in terms of freshness. You just can't trust most of these 3rd party suppliers since you really don't know how they are storing the product and how old the product really is. For some reason, gum is not kept in a zip lock sealed bag like candy is and that can add to the freshness problem.

Quill.com sells Carousel products. If you buy 1 case of chickle tabs and 1 case of gumballs, then you will get free shipping. Check out this link. I have also found Quill.com customer service to be great and if you had a problem, they will correct it. Trust me, I have nothing to gain by refering anyone to Quill or Carousel. Just years of fustration dealing with stale gum.

http://www.quill.com/catalog/browse/sku.aspx?sku=188068&Effort_Code=902&Find_Number=06237&PageType=1

Jax

I use Bubble King Assorted mixed with Bubble King special flavors for most of my gum stops now, having switch from DB, but I still have a lot of DB floating around.  I have considered using Nerds gum as a "gourmet" alternative for a hot spot or a rack.

I've been using the Ford Carousell assorted from Quill for more than a year now.  I've had some locations tell me that the gum is "not as good as the last kind you put in there".  The old stuff was oak leaf fruit stand.  That's funny because when I switched out the flavor in this one location, they said that the fruit stand stuff was nasty and that the new stuff (the carousell) was much better.  So now they are saying that the old stuff was better??? 

I guess I'm gonna have to find a new flavor and go with that for awhile.  That's a shame because I really like the price for the Carousell.  Since this is a tattoo parlor, maybe I should just swap out the gum all together and go for just candy.

I use Dubble Bubble Seedling Fruit Gumballs for my adult locations and Dubble Bubble Assorted Gumballs for kid's location. See attachment for visual of the Seedling Fruit Gumballs.

The cost per piece is about the same from Sam's Club

Caution: The individulal seedling fruit gumballs might crack during handling, but at some locations, users get addicted to these gumballs and I make a nice profit from them!

Oh yea they do look tempting. I could go for one right now as this virtual sample is not doing it. What percentage do you think may crack in a case? Is this before you get them from shipping or just scooping them out? If they did not break in the machine then they should be ok then.