Candy and Price Labels?

yerda

I'm a newbie, so I was just wondering when my new vending machines come, how do I put labels on the front?

Where do you "get" the labels? Also, I'm pretty sure labels aren't printed off of white paper, so what do you guys do?

In addition to that, how do i obtain the 25c price tag label on the front as well?

Thanks in advance!

When you hit 20 posts you can become a PLUS member, there is a section on this board that had JPEG images of candy labels, you can print them out.  As far as labels go, I would not recommend any sticky labels, once stuck they just dont come off.  I laminate the labels and use a little bit of tape on the inside of the globe. 

I recently saw a vending machine that used a JPEG image and created a custom label with their company name, phone number, and product.  It was nicely done.  I used to cut an image out the bag and laminate it. 

There is also a company on ebay (I think they advertise here too) that sells laminated labels. Lots of choices.......... 

Sometimes you can find and use the "fun size" candy wrappers as a label. I also laminate mine to make them look better and last longer. I get the self laminating sheets from Sam's. You can scan them into your computer for the time being unless you don't have a scanner. Some new machines come with the .25 stickers but there is a company that does sell them in sheets. I don't recall where but someone else should have it. I find the scotch tape can be noticable if used to hold the label on, I switched to a clear packing tape that is not noticable.

• 5 weeks later...

I started buying labels from a couple different vendors on Ebay. The quality was good but the cost was pretty high if you need quanity. Now I'm copying my own on photo paper from Sams and laminating them myself as well. Usually can get 9 labels on on sheet and can print approx. 30 sheets in great color on one ink cart. that cost me $16 to refill. Basically cost is about $16 for 270 labels of your choice plus one box of photo paper. We bought a paper cutter for nice straight edges and a heat laminating machine from Sams to give us really nice but cheap labels.

OK, so I'm a Cheap Old Fart. I print my own labels on photo paper in a size that is suitable for the triple head machines. I then laminate them with the heavy duty 3M Packing tape and trim with a paper cutter.

I lay a strip of packing tape long enough to hold 6-7 labels and then place another strip on top, squeeze out the air bubbles and trim to size. Done, beats the heck out of paying $100 + for a laminating machine and cheaper than the laminating sheets.

Told Ya I was a Cheap Old Fart.:)

Many supplier web sites have product pictures that can be copied and pasted. Those pictures in turn can be resized and mass copied into a document.

Actionmatic have many available on their site has a print feature as well at no charge.

Jax

Well, just thought I 'd bring this back up. After talking about my "Cheap Old Fart" way of laminating labels I went to Sam's today and was looking for a small paper cutter, when I spied a Scotch Laminating machine for $24.95 and it came with 20 9x12 pouches. They also had packs of 50 9x12 pouches for around $6, so I bought 2.

It is a hot run laminator with auto feed, no hand crank.

I tried it out tonight and it works like a charm. Definitely worth the $25.