Change machine from drink machine

rroy676

Hi,

I am attemting to Add a bill acceptor to a Vendo v480p to use as a change machine in my location.  The specs of the setup are:

Mei Vn2612 bill acceptor

Coinco Guardian 6000xl changer

The machine has VEC 5.1 1061 and it has been set to change machine option.  

When the bill is inserted and accepted, the amount is displayed on the front.  The changer indicates "acceptance disabled by vmc".  If if press the coin return, the bill comes out instead of having change.  If I vend a selection, the correct change is released.

Any suggestions as to how to configure this and is it even possible.

Thanks

**Moderator comment - duplicate thread removed

Verify that you have entered the OPTS menu and double check that you properly selected option button 1 as a 2 for "change machine."  Then check the button 2 setting which should be at 2.  If your button 2 setting is a 1 that could be the issue.  If you find these options are set this way then it's probably the Guardian coin mech that's making the decision to return the bill instead of the change.  There might be a way to program the action you desire within the Guardian.  Download the manual from Coinco and see how to do that.

Tanks for the reply. The machine is on those settings. I looked at the coinco manual and tried a few different settings but still doesn't give the correct results. Anyone have any experience with the guardian changer settings? What puzzles me is the "acceptance disabled by vmc" message

The 'Disabled by VMC' message will show when you insert enough money to meet or exceed the highest vend price.  This can also appear when you have the door open which opens the door switch and puts the machine into the service mode.  This is a normal message in those scenarios.  If you want the machine in the vend mode when the door is open then you need to, on any V5.1 logic machine, press and hold the metal door switch next to the logic board.  By doing that the machine will revert to the vend mode and you can see what message is on the mech in that case.

Hi azvendor

Tried the settings as described and no change (literally). I also did the test with the door open and the service button pressed and the same message appears on the coin mech. Acceptance disabled by VMC. Anything else come to mind

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would put a three tube coin mech in it and see how it then behaves.  If that allows it to allow the "change machine" function then you'll know it was the Guardian preventing that function from working.  You have to remember that while the V5.1 boards can handle MDB coin mechs, the advanced mechs in use today weren't invented when the machine was produced, so there's every possibility that the new mechs won't behave the way you think they should in the older machine.

Archived