New businesses

Goldentreats78

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and to vending and currently have 6 candy machines (5 single heads and 1 triple head) . I got them placed by a professional locator over a year now and only one has generated any income. I am now trying to locate on my own and have found a lot of tips and insights on this forum!

My question is, has anyone thought of or tried to target newly opened businesses? If so , how do you search for them? Also, if locating by phone, is there a way to find out or search for number of employees or gross annual income for the businesses to help you to be more strategic in the search? Thanks!!!

I've tried a few new businesses. I found them because they had flashy "Grand opening" signs on them. My personal experience is that sometimes it's good, a couple of places that I landed were great, decent flow, and then went belly up after a couple of months and abandoned the business with my machines inside. Not trying to dissuade you, just something I've experienced so far. 

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and to vending and currently have 6 candy machines (5 single heads and 1 triple head) . I got them placed by a professional locator over a year now and only one has generated any income. I am now trying to locate on my own and have found a lot of tips and insights on this forum!

My question is, has anyone thought of or tried to target newly opened businesses? If so , how do you search for them? Also, if locating by phone, is there a way to find out or search for number of employees or gross annual income for the businesses to help you to be more strategic in the search? Thanks!!!

Why did it take a year?

Check the local business section of the newspaper daily, they often have stories about new businesses.

See how much work is required to get info from city or county licensing authorities on new business licenses, it's usually public record but some places there is a lot of work to get the info.  But sometimes it's easy.

I do full line not bulk, but keeping your eyes open as you drive around and working on cultivating referrals will pay off in the long term.

Find a particular type of business to concentrate on and grab an old fashioned yellow pages - maybe one week work hair stylists and barbers, the following week work pizza restaurants....

Set a reasonable goal and keep working towards it - say just one new placement a week to start. 

Good luck!

Why did it take a year?

Hi Hillbilly,

It took a year to get a reasonable most of income from the 6 machines since only one location is doing well. For the others the products is moving very slow or even not at all. I am really hoping that trying the strategies and advice given on this forum will help me find some good locations and just trying to stay motivated !

It always helps to join the Chamber of Commerce in the area you work. Thy have lots of free data, great events.

Thanks Poplady ,

I like the idea of checking with the chamber of commerce in my area. I'll see what they can provide. Thanks so much !!!

Check the local business section of the newspaper daily, they often have stories about new businesses.

See how much work is required to get info from city or county licensing authorities on new business licenses, it's usually public record but some places there is a lot of work to get the info. But sometimes it's easy.

I do full line not bulk, but keeping your eyes open as you drive around and working on cultivating referrals will pay off in the long term.

Find a particular type of business to concentrate on and grab an old fashioned yellow pages - maybe one week work hair stylists and barbers, the following week work pizza restaurants....

Set a reasonable goal and keep working towards it - say just one new placement a week to start.

Good luck!

Archived