Best excuses for rejected machines

Rustinm

Hello,

I was just interested to see some of the excuses people have got when trying to locate their own machines. I just read one that said "if we had the machine I'd grow fat from eating too much". Anyone got any better excuses than that? That one was by lurtsman.

I can think some that got me kicked out after I placed the machine. It hurts even more when you lose a good spot for a stupid reason.

1. "My grandkids are eating too much candy". The lady was the owner of a junk yard and even offered to donate the $30 per month for a year to the charity if I removed the machine!

2. "We just had expensive dental work and the candy will ruin our teeth". A new group of employees that took over a small office branch.

3. "Our employees are taking excessive breaks and using the machine as an excuse to get away from their work areas". K-Mart store manager.

4. "My brother wants to get into the vending business and your machine is in his way". Store owner.

5. "Too many kids will be running in and out". Store manager.

6. "Kids are having temper tantrums when their mother says 'no candy' and they are driving us crazy". Hair salon owner.

I am sure there are many more, just can't think of em' right now!

Jax

Yea I recently lost a location because they were expanding, go figure. It seems that adding 37 more seats only left enough room for the rack they had and no more space for a DI.

My bank said they were afraid of being sued if someone choked on the candy or gum.

My favorite.

Some kid knocked over the machine, the lid came up a little and a few pieces fell on the ground. The lady was embarassed so she didn't by a $4.50 burrito. This machine is costing us customers, "take it out".

Never mind they had it in the middle of the store and wouldn't let me put it in the corner. I went back and found some carved framed mirrors they were trying to sell in my machines former place. Ah Ha! there was the real reason.

Believe it or not, but these smash-and-grab thieves are a problem here. Creackheads will throw a brick into the glass and then grab the machine to satisfy their next fix. I lost 5 locations last year due to that. In a couple of cases, people called me to tell me my machine was in an alley or a nearby vacant lot!

The cops are advising business owners to either remove vending machines near the door or hide them in the back. Crime is on the rise here - a sorry state of affairs indeed.  Yes, there is trouble in Disneyland!

Jax