Tip for newbies thinking of using 1080ct gum

Determined

I've read on hear about different size gum and I thought I would try the 1080ct gum. It seems like it would be a good idea. But if you are using Oak's and if it has the gumball wheel with larger holes it will vend 2 every time. At least that has been my experience!

I've read on hear about different size gum and I thought I would try the 1080ct gum. It seems like it would be a good idea. But if you are using Oak's and if it has the gumball wheel with larger holes it will vend 2 every time. At least that has been my experience!

Put a riser underneath the wheel.

I have several gumball wheels and machines same results with all. If I have time I will post a picture of the specific wheel.

What size mm Gumball are you trying to do it with? Reason I ask is because some sizes have changed for the manufacturers. So, what used to be referred to as 850 or 1080 is actually smaller now with some.

What size mm Gumball are you trying to do it with? Reason I ask is because some sizes have changed for the manufacturers. So, what used to be referred to as 850 or 1080 is actually smaller now with some.

I got the Dubble Bubble. There 23mm.

I got the Dubble Bubble. There 23mm.

I have the same result with the 23mm with oaks, even with the riser. They will not vend properly and I get doubles all the time. 24mm will vend properly though. I am in no way trying to bash oak, but the sad thing is you call them and ask for rocket wheels and they don't have them. Makes you think about your choice of machine for sure.

See if A & A still carries the inserts for the 1080 ct gum . the part number was NI1-3.  I don't know if they still carry those, you just insert them in an oak capsule wheel, you need 3 for each wheel.

Using a regular capsule wheel with riser will vend 2 out sometimes

• 3 years later...

Archived