Help with soda dispensing on this machine

I have the following combo machine made by RPD

http://www.vendweb.com/Vending_Machines/RPD/Combo_Vending_Machine_20-5.htm

Everything is pretty self explanatory except for the soda dispensing area. I opened it up and can't seem to figure out entirely how it works.

I have figured out this much at least:

1.) the last can doesn't dispense

2.) the cans behind need to "push" the bottom can into a slot (where a single can will be dispensed).

3.) there is a metal clip that resists the can from getting into the slot

The problem is that metal clip resists every can from getting into the slot, even if I put 5-6 sodas in there. I actually had to move the clip to get the can into the "slot".

any help would be much appreciated.

I have figured out this much at least:

1.) the last can doesn't dispense

2.) the cans behind need to "push" the bottom can into a slot (where a single can will be dispensed).

3.) there is a metal clip that resists the can from getting into the slot

The problem is that metal clip resists every can from getting into the slot, even if I put 5-6 sodas in there. I actually had to move the clip to get the can into the "slot".

1-It is common that the last can does not dispense in a beverage  machine. This is called "Precool" and is used to allow an immediate vend of cold product from an empty column right after filling.

2-The last can in that style of delivery system will always be the most problematic. It is because of the design that the extra weight of cans behind the one being vended help to align the next can to be vended.

3-I am not sure exactly what the "clip" you are talking about is. A picture would definitely help. But with that style machine it could very well be the sold out switch lever that is holding the cans back. There is a balancing act with some of these machines between the column reading sold out and binding of the cans that can be tricky to setup.

thanks so much Technivend

I'll take some pictures tonight. i think you nailed it though as I think that is the "sold out" switch lever. When that lever is pressed upward (the lever is mounted above the can, and the can rolls to it and pushes it up), then I can actually see the machine trying to dispense a can. When it is not, the machine will keep saying sold out.

anyway, I'll try to get some more pictures, and thanks again!

I know this doesn't solve your problem but here is some information that may be useful to you or others who may read this.

A machine that does not vend the last can of a selection is a desirable feature on machines.

That way your customers will have a cold drink available to them immediately after you refill.

My machine shows "sold out" and does not vend the last 3 cans. When I refill with room temperature cans, it gives my customers a 3 can buffer to allow the fresh colas to cool.

Steve

EDIT: Sorry Technivend, I guess I should have read point #1 in your post first! DUH! :D

I know this doesn't solve your problem but here is some information that may be useful to you or others who may read this.

A machine that does not vend the last can of a selection is a desirable feature on machines.

That way your customers will have a cold drink available to them immediately after you refill.

My machine shows "sold out" and does not vend the last 3 cans. When I refill with room temperature cans, it gives my customers a 3 can buffer to allow the fresh colas to cool.

Steve

EDIT: Sorry Technivend, I guess I should have read point #1 in your post first! DUH! :D

Steve,

What you say is true of most of the older machines or machines that do not utilize vend sensors; but to clarify even more. The trend nowadays with that have a vend sensor is to vend out the columns totally and not keep any for precool. So if someone has a machine that doesn't keep product in a precool position, it may not be an error but by design.

I would not want a machine that does not have a pre-cool feature.

I understand what you are saying with newer machines, I didn't mean to imply that machines that do not pre-cool are not working correctly, I just meant that they were desirable. At least to me, from a customer service standpoint.

Steve

caserri wrote: 

I didn't mean to imply that machines that do not pre-cool are not working correctly,

Steve,

I was just trying to be clear that my post was only referencing the RPD and not machines with vend sensors ;)

And really, the Cardinals?  :shock:

Talk about rooting for the underdog!!!

Bill

I have an RPD machine.  Next time I  service I will take a look to see if I can see where your problem lies.  You could call RPD directly while your standing in front of machine.  They have been helpful to me before with an issue I was having.

Zeke