Soda prices

caserri

Just wondering what everyone is getting for their soda cans and bottles. I've got mine set at .65 and $1.00. I have not done any price changes in quite some time but I'm thinking of going to .75 and $1.25.

Any thoughts?

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Up here, we are charging 85 cents in one spot and a loonie ($1) at another - both are can machines.

I guess the prices in Canada are much higher. How much do you guys pay for a case of 12 and or 24?

Here, we can get sales on 12 packs for $2.50 (regular price 4.99).

At the wholesaler, the 24 packs of  cans go from 6.99 to 8.99 (higher for iced tea and juices).

Cheers,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Depending upon location whether or not they receive commission has alot  to do with my pricing structure. 

20 oz bottle  1.00 to 1.25 ( I do have one location at 1.50 per 20 oz Gatorade)

12 oz Can  .65 to .75

I am thinking of increasing prices due to the gas situation.  I know that pepsi and coke have both raised their pricing recently.  Its like the Ronald Reagan trickle down economics.

Zeke

it`s been a months since I started to see 20 oz at 1.25-1.40 plus tax at gas stations so I raised my prices to 1.50 on my only machine,on all 8  selections.I didnt see sales get effected at all.in central illinois this is the price of a 20 oz..

coke will always be a little more expensive then pepsi.

pepsi raises thier prices every year in january,except last year they raised them a couple of months early.every thing is going up in price and profits are going down.

Antonio

• 10 years later...
31 minutes ago, MidStateVending said:

Wow, I must be charging too much. $.75 and $1.50 here.

If anyone complains, I tell them they can go to Walmart and pay $1.78 plus tax for 20 oz.

This discussion was 10 years ago, buddy.

• Haha 1

This is interesting.  I sell 12 ounce cans for 75 cents.  I think that is pretty common.  But I see several posts from 2007 stating their selling price at 60, or 65 cents.  And I was at those prices too, approximately.  However, it seems to me that our cost of a can of Coke hasn't increased all that much since 2007.  Maybe a nickel?  I know Coke recently went up, substantially, but Pepsi is still around 28 or 29 cents a can where I shop.  How much less was it 10 or 11 years ago?  Overall it seems like our price of soft drinks has remained fairly stable, compared to what we sell if for.  Thoughts?

Since I have been doing business directly with coke, I have had price increases every year.  I have had can drinks at .75 the entire time up to this year.  You can only absorb so much before you have to adjust your selling prices.  And if you check c-store prices I doubt you will find anything less than .89 plus tax, and you may have a hard time finding prices that low...