Boston Baked Beans

Beer980

I am not sure how many or if any members vend these but I am going to see how they go. If you did or do use them what are your thoughts on how they vend? I uploaded a label for Steve to post to the label section so check there if you need one. I am looking for an alternative to the price increase on the PM&M's at Sam's. They run $3.78 at mine for a 56oz bag. That is almost 2 1/2 times cheaper then PM&M's now. The bag states 11 pieces per serving and about 106 servings per bag. I set my 1-800 wheel to all the way open and get 10-12 per vend. Less then .04 per vend looks attractive right now if they go well.

I am interested as well.  I have some locations that want nuts but don't want chocolate.  These are a good compromise as I don't want to run naked nuts in my machines.

That being said, I have not been able to find them at my Sams any more.  They were there a year ago or so, but I haven't seen any recently.  If they I can find some and if they test well, I may end up buying the 25lb case from TJKing or A&A.

I guess only people that know what they are like them.

Maybe we should call them 'candy coated peanuts' and see where that goes.  Because boston baked beans doesn't sound like candy to me, and if you don't know what they are, then you will likely think they are really just beans.

They have been around for many years so someone must love them. They are sold in theater sixe boxes and smaller boxes as well. I had never tried them until yesterday and I don't know why I never thought to try them. Maybe the name does have something to do with it because it just does not have a candy sounding name. I hope they do well because I don't want to pay the higher price for the PM&M's anymore. I thought they had a good flavor and could be a good replacement.

Wow 3.78  in unreal, I got on the companies web site and they want 6.55 plus shipping. None of the Sam's club within 40 miles of me carry them. The company is here in chicago. I sen tthem an email inquiring about a pick up, have not heard back yet.

That was my thinking about the price. The trouble may lie with the public not knowing what they are. I think we may need to give out some samples to workers where it is located to help educate them. That way they can talk it up with others or help get some hooked on them by the free samples. This would have less of an effect in a traffic location then in a breakroom. Maybe they can point you to someone in the area to buy them from. I don't have a Costco or BJ's to see if they carry them.

I vend these in one location who asked for them and they are very slow. Another location I have a buzz bite has one and the lady told me they empty it out every month. So who knows.

Can you tell me what a "buzz bite" is? I've seen several references to this on the forum but do not know what you are talking about. Sorry, I'm a newbie.

It is an energy type candy. It was offered through a Biz-Op company to vend in their machine. Some have done ok but there are plenty that have got Biz-Oped. You can find ads on CL everyday in most markets for them. The company still make the product but is not affiliated with the Biz-Op machine company anymore from what I understand.

With all the tallk about buying Eagle machines lately, I've checked out the Superior Wholesale to check out the prices, etc.  Well, I found that they also sell candy, and they have 5lb bags of Boston Baked Beans for $6.50 each.  The more I look at that site, the more I'm impressed.  They are on their way to being a good one-stop shopping site ala A&A and TJKing.  The only issues I see are that the flats are about 20% more than other places.

I think I'll make my next order from them.