Sams Club

new2this

:X

First, the closest Sams club to me stopped selling Skittles.  So, I simply changed all locs with Skittles to M&I.  I even made a better profit and I had one less product to carry.  It was a win-win.  Now they stopped selling M&I.  Runts do not sell well in my area.  The prices of PMM and MMP have increased too much to make any real profit.  What am I going to do now for a fruity candy?  Fellow vendors in other states have they discontinued M&I in your area?

Coop 

The service at Sam's has really dropped. They often run out of Mike, Reeses and Skittles. Skittles have been out for a long time now - what's up with that? MMP prices is going through the roof (or exploding in some cases) and Dubble Bubble is always stale! Plus the checkout lines can get very long. The problem is that you just can't get it any cheaper any where else. We need to flood their web site with complaints.

Nothing like being "In Business for Small Business"!

Jax

As I mentioned in a previous post, Quill will sell candy as well as Gumballs.  They have Skittles, M&M's, M&MP's, and Runts as well.  The Skittles go for $8.99 for their 54oz bag.  I know it's a little higher than Sams, but it sounds like they were raising their prices anyway.  And if you can't get them from Sams, where else are you gonna get them if not online.

Mine still has them all. I was worried because they were out of Skittles for a week or so but they are back. I go before the regular crowd gets in at 10 if at all possible. Otherwise I go nuts by the time I get to the check out. Our Sam's has been in or close to the top 10 clubs since they opened doing in the area of $100 million in sales a year they have told me.

That's good Beer, hopefully you don't have to worry too much about products being pulled.  I went to mine today and M&Ms are at $8.26 (they were $7.88).  I think I'm going to cut PMMs out of my route and just stick with regular.  I noticed the dark chocolate M&Ms were a little more than $9 also. 

both pmm's and regular m&m's are up to 9.14$ per bag at my local club, but Gordons food service has them for 7.78$. I have not seen hot tamales lately at my club. Where do you get runts from?

you might want to check how many ounces gfs bags are for that price.I bet they are the smaller kind.

We have 2 sams in our area - one carries Mike and Ike and one doesn't. A year ago we had terrible problems with Skittles and Reeses staying stocked. I raised Cain to each of the 4 Sams I do business with in 2 states. Since then the service has been much better. Hard to believe my raising cain had much to do with it, but this is where we're at now - good service but consistently higher prices and smaller packages.

Mark

Hi,

I will try and special order the M&I's. I hate to order candy. I had a bad experience with TJ King. I ordered PMM's, Skittles, M&I's, and Reeses. The PMM's and Reeses were edible but cracked and messy. The Skittles were hard and the M&I's were stale. Also, shipping is often too high when ordering candy. Sams just has to do better if they want my business.

Coop

Check the Sams website, you should be able to order them there and either have them sent to the closest store to you, or the other one that is carrying them in-house.  I have done this before when my local Sams was out of stock.

Another question to ask is, "Where are the Skittles"? All 5 Sam's in my area are sold out for a month and even a Wal-Mart Super Center near me is also sold out! Not sure what's up here. Maybe there was a falling out between Sam's and Mars Corp (over the MMP increase) that resulted in a temporary delay. Or maybe some regional guy for the Florida area screwed up. In any event, this has been fustrating and very disruptive.

Jax

I special order from Sam's all the time. It takes about a week to get in, but it is not set on the shelf. This is different than the "Click-n-Pull" option. I actually go into the store and make a special order. You normally have to talk with a manager because the customer service center will have no idea what you are talking about. Good Luck

Hemmco