20 oz Bottles

coinvestor

Does anyone stll sell 20 oz bottles from there own equipment at a $1 price point?

I don't do 20 oz bottles. I was going to for a new account, but when I told them $1.25 they acted like I was crazy and asked if that was the "best I could do". Then they told me they would look around to compare prices. It isn't a big location (26 employees), and I don't like working for free anyway, I just thought I would see what others are doing.

JD

In the Boston area $1.25 is a bargain. Up here $1.50 is the norm. We also have a 5 cent bottle deposit that we must take into consideration.

26 employees won't drink enough to be in any position to demand lower pricing. These small locations should be charged a premium price. Calculate out what your projected profit in a week would be from 26 people. Then ask yourself what if the machine breaks down. What would that cost you just to visit them out of cycle? Also, will you be able to rotate out your 20 oz before the expiration date. Where you don't do 20 oz now you have no other outlet but this location. Do you need to calculate in the cost of equipment? Do you readily have access to 20 oz?

In my opinion, stand your ground, anything less then $1.25 sounds like bad busniess

even at 1.25 with only 26 employs this location is a waste of your time,unless u have other machines in there too.even then I haven`t seen a 20 oz for 1.25 in ages.let them shop around then they will see u are right.

The bad thing is my competitor will do it (which it appears he has). Around here about 35-40% of bottle machines are still at $1. The bottlers will just cut commissions to places, or third party vendors to keep prices at $1. I am just not interested spendiing .65 on drinks with shorter dates so I can sell them for $1 and pay sales tax. I have avoided doing 20 oz up until now I don't know why I thought I would start.

Thanks for the feedback,

JD

• 2 weeks later...

In Orlando 95% of the vending companies are charging 1.25 or 1.50. I saw it once on a college campus they were selling 20 oz. cokes for 1.00. It was a big company that has locations in 3 states. They probably buy in very large bulk.