crane 168 vend motor

Going backwards means you probably have the motor wired backwards. Correct it quickly or you can damage the motor and maybe the logic board. If it does it wired either way then it's a bad motor.

You might have also gotten backwards motors to run a dual spiral selection. The candy shelf is a convertible shelf and every other motor runs in an opposite direction. You probably ordered motors opposite of what you needed.

It should be 1577038 as that is the replacement for the original number 1577035 and I was incorrect - the candy shelf used all the same rotation motors.  I also remember now that the shelf harness plugs into the motor only one way and if your motor is correct then you could have a bad logic board in this case.  Are you sure that your original 180 degree motors worked the proper direction?  If not then the board might have always been bad in this respect and you didn't know it.  Are the motors you got brand new or are they used from someone else.  It could be that the diode boards on them are bad due to a problem in the last machine there were in.

Now it is also possible that you have a late model 168 that does have convertible shelves and that your motors are the wrong rotation - CW vs CCW.  The problem is that National never issued a 167/168 parts manual, only a different programming manual.  This was because all the 157/158 parts were used on the 167/168 machines originally.  I believe they later switched to convertible candy shelves which used opposing rotation motors.  This was never reflected in a parts manual.  The only way to see if this is the case is to see if your other candy spirals might alternate between CW and CCW.  If they do then get the part number of the opposite rotation motor off one of those motors.

A convertible shelf is one that has alternating CW and CCW motors which allow you to remove dividers from between any side-by-side pair of CW and CCW motors and program them to be paired so they run at the same time.  This would give you a dual spiral selection on a candy shelf.  Ideally you could do that on an entire candy shelf to add 5 or 4 snack selections and eliminate 10 or 8 candy selections.

The 168 has only 1 motor. The motor control board determines which way it turns. All even numbers (D-0, D-2, etc) turn CCW (left). All odd numbers (D-1, D-3, etc) turn CW (right). On the candy trays, the motors alternate left and right according to the motor plug number. What most likely happened here is that the wrong spiral is attached to the motor.

When properly installed, the left spiral and right spiral side by side make a letter "M" . Compare the spirals to ones that are working and you will see the difference.

Half turn spirals only came one way (either cw or ccw I don't remember which). There was a short harness attachment maybe 4 inches long you could get that attatches to the motor and causes it to turn in the opposite direction. If you check the harness to the motor I'm sure you'll find it there. Just remove it and it should work fine.

I think you mean motors on the candy shelf. Originally it was probably set up as all candy including d7 and d9. Do you mean D6 is now a double spiral and then D8?

If so you can add d7 by going into product config then press the down arrow until display shows CPL MTRS. Press the D button . If you want to add D7 and D9 the display should read D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D. Right now the Display probably shows D.D.D.D.D.D.D.+D+.To uncouple motors 6 and 7 press 6 and to uncouple 8 and 9 press 9 then the display should read all D's with no plus signs. Or if you like me and can't remember which numbers to press, just keep pressing different numbers until you get the right combination. Of course you'll also need dividers for the new colums.

On a 168 machine, your candy selections should be : DO, D1,D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7. There should not be a D8. It is only an 8 wide candy shelf. How is is labeled on the shelf facing?

On a 168 machine, your candy selections should be : DO, D1,D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7. There should not be a D8. It is only an 8 wide candy shelf. How is is labeled on the shelf facing?

That was my thought too. Sounds like there might be a 10-motor harness on that tray and the 7 plug was skipped to accommodate a wrong spiral.

Archived