AP 123 with USAT card reader problems

Went to 2 machines today that said something along the lines of "cards offline by vendor". Both machines were AP 123 with version 5.23 working with the USAT G9.

Both had a selection # on the display. Example: 130 was shown on the display when I walked up to it. Powered them off and powered them back on fixed them both. Why is this happening and what can I do to prevent it?

Do an RSSI test and see if your signal strength is over 10. Less signal can cause the "cash only" message or what might now be "cardreader offline." You might need to either put your antenna outside the machine or get a high gain antenna.

Hmmm.

we don't Dex anything. I thought it was weird that the selection was on the display. The board showed no errors tho. Both machines have been working fine for a week. I guess I need to try the RSSI test.

I remember when buying the readers they pretty much told me as long as it's MDB it will work. I guess that's true to an extent but the software thing on today's stuff has really got me puzzled. It would be nice if they listed the recommended versions for all machines and I have no idea what the differences are between versions of any of this stuff. I would think the latest is best on any board. I can say InOne technologies stuff has never gave me a single problem. VE boards along with all the other boards we have in soda and snack machines are constantly getting "hiccups".

All of my 120 series machines, and I have 87 of them, have USAT card readers, most with G9s. Also, most machines have 5.24 or 5.28 firmware, but also, most have the Golden Eye vend sensor disabled or removed due to it's unreliability. I have no card issues with them. To get any product sales data, you must go to the security menu and have product codes set to "auto", not "manual".

Yes I don't care for the Goldeneye or drop sensors in general. We sat 8 of the 123 last week and I'm pretty sure all but 1 had the drop sensors. What is the best way to disable the drop sensors and leave them in place on the machine? Thanks

Yes I don't care for the Goldeneye or drop sensors in general. We sat 8 of the 123 last week and I'm pretty sure all but 1 had the drop sensors. What is the best way to disable the drop sensors and leave them in place on the machine? Thanks

In the configuration menu set to off. Then unplug from the main board the plug marked "coffee".

I just bought 8 of the snackshop 123's and majority of them had the golden eye removed or disconnected. I was about to order replacement parts for them before reading this thread.

Why do people remove them? Do they stop working and then disable the machine from use until you turn the sensor off? I had another type of machine do this before....

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought 8 of the snackshop 123's and majority of them had the golden eye removed or disconnected. I was about to order replacement parts for them before reading this thread.

Why do people remove them? Do they stop working and then disable the machine from use until you turn the sensor off? I had another type of machine do this before....

The sensors are unreliable. The ribbon harness gets damaged by the door or bin mechanism. The sensors are hard to align because one is on the bin and the other is on the swing panel. Unplug from the board and turn off in the programming and save yourself a ton of grief.

I have drop sensor kits for the 120's. VE and Inone ones as well if your interested. They work I just don't like them (never have) on any machine-for no particular reason. Like LaCanteen said if you load your machine the correct way they really are not needed. Personally I like product pushers for that little extra peace of mind.

I also prefer crank up windows for my vehicle too tho so I may be a minority on this issue-lol.

I guess I should report back that all the issues were signal strength related. I thought I would get away with the antennas on the inside but some of the locations had to have them mounted on the exterior. Been problem free for a week now.

Archived