Shooting Hoops

Pegs

This post reminds me of why I've remained dormant from posting. You get strong advice on how to retro fit a shooting hoop with arguably the best mech in the business. I have Beaver mechs that have 12 years in the feild with zero problems. LYPC are inferior. They are trash. Buy quality. Make money.

Thanks for the Beaver Ad forum...but my question is and was      WHAT FITS !!!

Ok, so what you are trying to do is like asking "I need a new car" and asking if you should get a Ford Pinto.

Then when we suggest Toyota or Honda you accuse us of being an advertising forum.

Honestly, we don't give a damn if a cheap sh*tty import mech fits. Why? Because they suck, break, jam and cost us money- you could easily lose 2-30 dollars worth in a service cycle and any savings realized by utilizing crappy mechs is lost, plus you now have a reputation for poor reliability. In addition, most imported mechs are not drop thru- meaning that non quarters will clog up the mech until you go fish it out.

Now, if you really still want to do it, most import Beaver style mechs may work, but may need to have sprockets swapped, and have various parts ground down.

Beaver mechanisms are the highest quality in terms of construction endurance in difficult locs, and overall longevity. I've worn out tons of mechs on my route over the years, and the Beaver mechs last the longest. As Beaver's mechs are mechanically similar to the Oak Acorn series of mechs, one of the most-copied mechs in the industry, and number of import mechs spanning dozens of brands could fit into this machine. How well they would work, how well they wold fit, and for how long is all a big X-factor as the mechs all have subtle variations between manufacturers. Results will vary.

As someone who has operated kinetic and interactive machines, I recommend Beaver mechs. As with any business, the reliable and reputable gear will continue to get recommendations, while unreliable junk will not. For the machine in question, the best possible piece of kit for you is going to be the Beaver mech. Whatever course you choose to go, I wish you good luck! ^_^

I use oak, northwestern and beaver coin mechs. Beaver is the ONLY one( knock on wood) I've NEVER had jam or give me any problem with what so ever. These guys are giving you good advice, take it or not. I'm sure I have some coin mechs( silent salesforce, LYPC ect) in the scrap metal pile I'll be glad to sell you for little or nothing but the first time you go to rob a machine expecting $20-$50 and the coin mech jammed you could have bought a beaver. 

Thanks for the Beaver Ad forum...but my question is and was      WHAT FITS !!!

And our question remains unanswered to. So why do you want to use cheap coin mechs when you have a Cadillac of a machine. Since you got a good deal on the machines why not spend the extra money and do it right. You will thank us later.

Can someone please tell me what kind of fuel I can put into my Diesel truck, besides diesel fuel? Lol , thats basically what this clown is asking. What kind of coin mech can i put on my beaver Gumball machine, besides a beaver? Its not a real question, he is a troll, nothing to see here folks, lets keep it moving...

Wow! A lot of you were mean and condescending. If that were my first post and people treated me like that I wouldn't ever come back.

Share your knowledge, give your opinion when appropriate, and move on. To call someone a clown for not listening to your every word isn't appropriate. Where is the moderator on here?

The beauty of our business is that there are many paths to success. My family has been doing this for over 40 years spanning route people over 6 states. My advice has always been to be a sponge and find your niche. Your niche can change over the years, so roll with the times.

Be cool...

Archived