Vendstar

caserri

Thanks God I run into this site. I was about to buy 50 machines tomorrow from Vendstar in Red but it seems that the quality is not there...Which one would you recommend? There is another one I am looking into called RouteMaster that is supposed to be all metal. Would that be better?

The advantages/disadvantages of various machines has been discussed at length on other threads but since you're asking for an equipment recommendation, here it is, buy Oak Vista machines- no more expensive than Seagas and a much better machine. Or buy Northwestern Super 60s, a little more expensive and a great quality machine also.  Try to get used equipment in good condition from Craigslist at approx. 50-60% the cost of new.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

After reading through this post I decided to give a few Vendstar's a shot. I bought 5 used off of eBay. After receiving them the first thing I noted was that a lot of labor will be involved to refurbish the machines to make them presentable. My employee will be cleaning them up over the next 1-2 weeks, he is really good with removing adhesive and making things look presentable. I am still not convinced that I will even be able to place these unless they are in a machine shop or factory. Some place where appearance doesn't matter.

Half of the lenses are yellowed, so we will be using a headlight polisher to make them clear again. We are going to be spray painting one of them black and gray, see how that turns out. It's kind of a hail-mary pass because there is no way I can place these in any public location; at least not around here.

We will be purchasing some other machines in the next week, but this time, one at a time so I can use a skeptical eye to make sure the machine will be good for our route and not kicking myself for buying 5 machines that I am not happy with. I am guessing that at some point I will stumble on a good location for these machines, but it will take a little bit of time.

• Like 1

also, to keep the clear plastic from yellowing too fast.

put a headlight uv coating on them, just like they do for plastic car headlights now.

I like this vendors design. now you need to look for deals on them so you have a stock of parts and things for them.

even a modern 3 head unit didn't have some features these did.

After reading through this post I decided to give a few Vendstar's a shot. I bought 5 used off of eBay. After receiving them the first thing I noted was that a lot of labor will be involved to refurbish the machines to make them presentable. My employee will be cleaning them up over the next 1-2 weeks, he is really good with removing adhesive and making things look presentable. I am still not convinced that I will even be able to place these unless they are in a machine shop or factory. Some place where appearance doesn't matter.

Half of the lenses are yellowed, so we will be using a headlight polisher to make them clear again. We are going to be spray painting one of them black and gray, see how that turns out. It's kind of a hail-mary pass because there is no way I can place these in any public location; at least not around here.

We will be purchasing some other machines in the next week, but this time, one at a time so I can use a skeptical eye to make sure the machine will be good for our route and not kicking myself for buying 5 machines that I am not happy with. I am guessing that at some point I will stumble on a good location for these machines, but it will take a little bit of time.

So you PAID for machines that will require lots of time, work, and supplies just to get them looking good enough to place in a hard-to-find location that is willing to accept machines you yourself will still feel might be too unattractive for most public locations?

And you did this after reading THIS thread?

Did you not read any other threads?

After buying the machines, using time/supplies, and paying your employee, what are these machines costing you?

I have read a lot of threads on here. After looking at the description of the items on eBay, the seller describes them as barely used, only on location for a couple of months, lol. My plan now is to return them. Honestly, these things are junk. Even if they were in great condition I would have a hard time placing these. A lot of people on this forum swear by these machines and have 100+ of them on their routes, if you find the right place for them, I am sure it would be fine. In either case, I am going to take advantage of eBay returns and send these back.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have 2 vendstars triple heads and my first biggest initial concern when I placed them was that it costs a LOT of $$ to fill them then it took 6 months to recoup just the amount of $$ to fill them and the fact that they are all plastic BUT then one of them got stolen, I found it smashed out behind a nearby garage BUT guess what they money was still in it just the candy parts were all smashed SOOO I now have a new appreciation for this machine. I could fix the broken one easily enough and I kept the other one going so even though they are plastic they are tough! It was a very large man that stole it and smashed it so either the vendstar was tougher then him OR he was just stupid.