I'm now in the 3rd party vending game

mrsar66

I talked to a representative at my local coke office, and now I am officially a 3rd party vendor. So here is the deal, they will give me free coke machine to vend bottles (No cans). What they do is drop off a free machine to a location that I find. All I have to do is buy the products from them. They said that an average bottle comes to about $1 and I would sell them for $2. They reason they will not give me machine to vend cans is because they say there is no longer a profit margin on cans so they don’t give out free machines to vend them. There is also no case minimum per month.

Does anyone out there have an idea for a pitch I should make when trying to find location?

This is what I am thinking, please feel free to critique my pitch. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

My name is Scott, and I am working with a local High School to raise money for a scholarship fund. In an effort to raise money, we are looking to place vending machines in local businesses.

(Pause and let them speak)

I am asking for a donation of some of your floor space. You donation can be as little as a square foot or a spot for a full size pop machine.

I tried to get a coke machine and the rep I talked to told me they dont have can machines anymore because people were stacking up on cases when they were on sale,and not from them.

I am not 3rd party but imo thAT is the truth behind it.

at 75 cents there is a good profit margin imo.at least I`m happy with that.

I think 2$$ a can is awfly high.

even 1.75 is kinda pushin` it.

Keep in mind that I am from Canada. A bottle right from coke will cost me a little over $1.

I will be looking at the account and if I need to set the prices a little lower, then I will.

Keep in mind that I am from Canada. A bottle right from coke will cost me a little over $1.

I will be looking at the account and if I need to set the prices a little lower, then I will.

Ah....good point.  Just drop a Toony and get a 20oz pop.

Ah....good point.  Just drop a Toony and get a 20oz pop.
lol, thats right just drop a **Toonie** in, and get a bottle of pop.