Micro mkt

TKK

So i got kicked out of a place makes 2k gross. Someones offered them a micro market. Think theres like 100 employees or so. Any of you doing this? Wouldnt one be overkill here?

If you're talking $2k gross for a year, I wouldn't put one in there! Unless they have other locations or are planning a significant expansion..... Be sure to ask them to allow you to stay until the MM is installed. I could see another vendor saying they'll put in a mm and then switch to vending once they figure the account out.

Sorry lol, its actually 1k a month. So like 12000 a year gross. Wouldnt that be overkill? And i heard its not as profitable and much theft. They liked the idea of payroll deductions.

I wouldn't put one in for that. There is a company here that is starting to do like mini micro markets, with I think one cooler and one snack rack. Seems like a waste to me

That concept is called a "pantry" . It has to be subsidized if a kiosk is required. Most pantry locations are glorified honor boxes. Avoid them.

A 100 person micro market is doable. Prices should run higher than vending due to the risk and sales tax is added at check out. You have to have cameras and a commitment from the location to fire anyone caught stealing. The fresh food selections must be high quality or they will not buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of companies that offer micro market solutions really help a lot with setting things up. If you go to them with an employee amount, location type, and some photos of the space, they'll tell you what type of materials you need (number of fridges, shelves, coffee stations, etc). Micro markets can be done with 100 people, but they will certainly be much smaller. 

If your micro market solution costs $10,000 to invest in, you should be pulling in ~ $1000 sales / week. It can be hard to pull this in from a location with 100 people, but then again you probably aren't spending as much on fridges and shelves.

Archived