Wanted: The Chicken Machine Coin unit

blbarchik

I'm looking for the 25c coin unit for "the Chicken Machine" vending machine. I think the coin unit from "The Flintstones" will also work because they were made by the same vendor. If you have a coin unit for this game please email me.

post-11771-0-58535300-1462877140_thumb.jpg

Please post a photo of the original switch if you have one.

Without coins you can only push the mach in 1/2 way in.

With coins it will go all the way. If you locate the switch so it is made only when chute is all the way in it should work.

Newer machine would use a magnetic switch not a lever switch. Less chance of a cheat think Fonzie and the juke box.

Magnet is screwed to a steel plate that is attached to the back of the push chute. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NC-NO-Optional-Door-Window-Contact-Magnetic-Reed-Switch-Alarm-Security-10-20mm-/300960282044?hash=item4612a175bc:g:ga4AAOxy7f5SMkHv

If this is more of a collector’s item than a street piece then EBay is the place to look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ABT-25-CENT-QUARTER-COIN-CHUTE-MECH-POOL-TABLE-AIR-HOCKEY-ETC-/252388166401?hash=item3ac381cb01:g:iosAAOSwubRXNVLT

Walta

In the attached photos I think the holes with red arrows will line up and could be bolted together.

It looks like a spring hooks on blue arrow.

Only when the chute is fully depressed  some un seen part must push on the part with the yellow arrow activating the switch.

Walta

post-4302-0-37317200-1463610971_thumb.jpg

post-4302-0-01253000-1463611005_thumb.jpg

Cut a piece of metal about the size of the yellow box.

Attach the yellow metal to the new slide with screws where the red dots are.

To the BOTTOM of the yellow metal attach the magnet for the switch.

Position the switch inside the machine so the magnet is over the switch only when the slide is fully depressed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NC-NO-Optional-Door-Window-Contact-Magnetic-Reed-Switch-Alarm-Security-10-20mm-/300960282044?hash=item4612a175bc:g:ga4AAOxy7f5SMkHv

Walta

post-4302-0-94619000-1463790166_thumb.jpg

I have a question on the new coin acceptor unit. My new acceptor when fully engaged you can move it back and forth about 1/2 ", in other words there is a lot of play. So If I mount the new magnetic stitch on the end, the person can wiggle the coin mech up and down and I think its enough for the switch to open and close again giving a free vend or unlimited free vends. 

Without coins the mach should move about ½ way back the magnet should not activate the switch at that point.

You should position the switch so the magnet is over the switch only when coins are in the mech and the slide is fully depressed.

Walta

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem. The small spring got stuck on something and I have no idea where it goes. This the top piece on the new coin acceptor unit.  The one end is still hooked up where it belongs. There is a small hole in the black metal piece, goes it go into there? Here are some pictures.   

post-11771-0-52952700-1464748155_thumb.jpg

post-11771-0-76019300-1464748171_thumb.jpg

post-11771-0-48759300-1464748186_thumb.jpg

I called up the company and removed the spring, problem solved.

I have a new problem: I installed the coin unit in the game and it constantly rotates, as in the game thinks a quarter is inserted, and it constantly spits out eggs even when there is no quarter. So the setup is 4 wires: a common, n/c and no, and a ground wire that is attatch to any part of the metal mechanism. No matter what conifuration I tried, the chicken still rotated like a quarter was pushed through. As the egg drops it hits a switch. Now I don't know if the switch is a coin counter or is part of the coin acceptor mechanism circuitry. So at this point I am stumped. Please help.       

Archived