Vendo 720 live display

TKK

If the red light you're talking about is on the GFI at the end of the cord and you have no power to the machine then the GFI is bad or your cord is damaged and shorted out.  Cut the GFI off and put a new plug on the cord if there's no damage to the cord.  If the machine with just a plug on it (not GFI) still then trips the building's circuit breaker then you have a 110v short in your machine.

The only thing that the refrigeration deck and the electronics should have in common is the cord itself, so it's possible that the power cord is damaged or disconnected from the transformer.. I think..

The first thing I would do is to verify that the outlet works by plugging something into it, then I would check the cord and trace it all the way. It sounds like the outlet is good, so my money is on the connection between the cord and the power supply/transformer. I suppose the transformer could be bad too but that's beyond my knowledge

Well its plugged into the same outlets as the other 2 machines and the little light is kinda a dim red. The machine could not have been moved or the cable pinched as its wedged vetween the other 2 and the employees there have never messed with them. So the chord was working for months and the machine not tampered with. Is there a fuse or something?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the refrigeration deck on that Vendo will work even if the electronics are off, so a fuse wouldn't be the culprit. I would check the plug at the bottom of the cabinet. It's possible that it came out.

As stated already though, if the machine has a gfci on the cord, it could have gone bad. Having a failed gfci is a totally common thing.

Since Vendo started building the Vmax all cooling systems are controlled by the logic board by using the temp sensor and a refrigeration relay.  This means the cooling system won't run independently in the V721.  There is a door switch at the lower left of the cabinet and there is, I believe, a power plug that you pull out in that same corner that kills power to the machine.  If there is 110v in to that corner of the machine and the machine doesn't work properly then you need to look at everything from the transformer to the logic board.  There should also be a fuse somewhere before the logic board as well.

If you still don't have a volt/ohm meter or don't know how to properly use it, now is the time!

A few years back Pepsi took all male and female plugs off service trucks. And forbid the use of them. They also forbid the practice of jury rigging. Electricity is the most dangerous thing you will encounter most likely in vending and safety is the most important aspect for you and your customer. You would be surprised at how many people do not know how to put a plug on a cord. I have seen it many times the plug is wired backwards. You might think this is not a big deal. It is a big deal because now the cabinet is hot. If the cabinet is hot and someones child walks up barefooted on concrete  they will be electrocuted and may not survive. If the vendor is sitting beside another vendor that is wired correctly you now have a hot cabinet next to a grounded one. Touching both at the same time will kill you. I had a neighbor that was a Sears technician who went out and was installing a garbage disposer and was plugging it in and for some reason, there were unprotected wires in  the back under the sink. He grabbed them and was electrocuted. He told me while he was being shock, and couldn't get loose he was able to get his legs in front of him and force himself  loose. Permanent damage to his shoulder and was off work for a year.

81Mh2N06ajL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Tower-Manufacturing-Attachable-Right-Angle/dp/B011BDWS5Y/ref=dp_ob_title_def

Something you need to keep in mind if you cut that gfi off you have made yourself liable for anything that happens. 

Is the gfi the same as just installing a regular outlet on it and have it attached to a resetable power strip?

NO.

A GFI looks at the current travelling in the active and neutral wires and trips if they are not balanced, which indicates that current is leaking to earth somewhere on the appliance side of the GFI.

Most powerboards only have an overcurrent function which trips when the current is higher than the board allows. This protects against surges/lightening strikes, etc but does not trip for resistive earth faults. It will trip for short circuits in the appliance, but can still allow leakage to earth that does not draw a significant current.

There are powerboards that have GFI's built in, and GFI's that have overcurrent circuit breakers, but they are not the norm, so don't blindly assume that what you buy does both.

• Like 1

I have had the same problem with our v21 machines with inline GFI's.  We have eliminated the GFI cords and went to wall based GFI's with absolutely no failures since that time.  Oddly enough, Vendo sells both GFI and non-GFI replacement cords for this machine making me believe they are offered new with either setup.

• 2 years later...

What is a product dispenser tray?  Do you mean the delivery chute?  There are no clips for them.  You can't get the chute liners any longer because they are prone to warping.  You have to get a new coated chute from Vendo.  

• 1 year later...

Setting everything correct is definately what to do first. Here is a work around that doesn't fix the problem, but helps. I have a timer set on my Vendo 720 to turn off for a couple of minutes and the turn back on. The machine re homes, and it fixes a lot of glitches. It is basically buying me time until I can replace some motors.