Feeling the grind of the economy

that1dude

So I've officially lost a location (sandwich shop) due to the fact that they couldn't keep their store running. They have another location in a nearby city that is thriving though. I know the owners through my full time job of banking, and since they closed their store (last Wednesday I think), they graciously took my single to their other location. I would have kept it there if it weren't a 35 mile drive out of my way and if I had proper licensing in that county.

Anywho, these people are so awesome that they are willing to not only bring the machine back in town, they are on their way to my house to give it to me! Believe me, I'm just as shocked as some of you probably are. It just makes me think of 2 things:

1.) In our society (and todays economy) it is quite easy for somebody to be both dishonest and unethical. These fine folks went above and beyond to not let me know that their store was closing, but worked around my schedule to get me back my machine.

2.) As I hinted in 1.), our economy sucks. Everyone is struggling. Period. The fact that these struggling sandwich shop owners are taking time out of their busy lives to drive out to me so that I don't have to go to them just shows that in rough times, people are truly willing to help each other out, no matter what kind of situation they may be in themselves.

Aside from the fact that this location wasn't a real winner anyways ($5.50 a month max), I will never forget the friendship and professionalism of these two people.

Quick update: they dropped off the machine and informed me that they had to get rid of their other store as well. They just finalized it today. They're ready to move on though.

For those who are curious, I had $4 in this machine from it being in their other location for 5 days. Maybe I would have considered leaving it there!

We most likly see a lot more of this as the year goes on. My company tells us they think it will bottom out by July but I have a feeling they are just trying to put forth a positive attitude when they know it will not return before at least the fall. All the major trucking companies are waiting for the next one to fail to bring up business levels. It is bad when you have to hope someone goes under to help your bottom line.

All the major trucking companies are waiting for the next one to fail to bring up business levels. It is bad when you have to hope someone goes under to help your bottom line.

indeed it is bad.

I don`t see either how in 6 months the econmy is going to pick up .imo this whole year is going to be a bad one for biz.,if not more.