Austin peanut butter crackers

caserri

Just FYI to anyone here who sells these in their snack machines. Kelloggs has voluntarily pulled these products from store shelves for testing due to the recent salmonella scare.

In light of this news I pulled all of these from my machine today as well. These crackers are my best sellers. I pay 0.15 for them and sell them at 0.50. My location blows through 100 packs a month.

Read story ==> http://www.necn.com/Boston/Health/2009/01/15/Kellogg-pulls-peanut-butter/1232073825.html

Steve 

famous amos peanut butter cookies and keebler soft batch homestyle peanut butter cookies have now been pulled also. they are also considering pulling lots of other stuff that MAY contain peanut butter or peanut paste. the scary thing about the peanut paste is it is used in a lot of things like cooking sauces and baked goods. according to the last article i've read, one third of the people who have gotten sick from this strain of salmonella don't remember eating any peanut butter. yikes!

mrs. caserri

here's the latest list of Keebler/ Austin products recalled

[*]Austin Quality Foods Cheese Crackers with Peanut Butter - all sizes

[*]Austin Quality Foods Cheese & Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers - all sizes

[*]Austin Quality Foods Mega Stuffed Cheese Crackers with Peanut Butter - all sizes

[*]Austin Quality Foods PB & J Cracker Sandwiches - all sizes

[*]Austin Quality Foods Super Snack Pack Sandwich Crackers

[*]Austin Quality Foods Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers - all sizes

[*]Austin Quality Foods Toasty Crackers with Peanut Butter - all sizes

[*]Austin Quality Foods Reduced Fat Cheese & Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers

[*]Austin Quality Foods Reduced Fat Toasty Crackers with Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers

[*]Austin Quality Foods Cookie/Cracker Pack

[*]Austin Quality Foods Variety Pack

[*]Keebler Cheese & Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers - all sizes

[*]Keebler Toast & PB'n J Flavored Sandwich Crackers - all sizes

[*]Keebler Toast & Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers - all sizes

[*]Famous Amos Peanut Butter Cookies (2- and 3-ounce)

[*]Keebler Soft Batch Homestyle Peanut Butter Cookies (2.5-ounce)

Here is a link from the CDC for the latest recalled goods. If any of you vend Cliff products take a look as there are quite a few items from them recalled as well.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/peanutbutterrecall/PeanutButterProducts2009.pdf

On a side note, Hershey has released a statement saying that NONE of their products are affected and are safe.

"HERSHEY, Pa., January 17, 2009 — The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) today issued a statement related to peanuts:

No products made by The Hershey Company, including items and brands in the iconic Reese’s franchise, are affected by the recent recall related to peanut butter. Hershey does not purchase any peanut butter, peanuts or peanut products from the Peanut Corporation of America. Peanut butter for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups is made in Hershey facilities under the most stringent safety and quality standards.

All of our products are safe to consume. This includes all items sold to other food companies and used as ingredients in other products. Consumers with any questions regarding this issue should call our Consumer Relations line at 1-800-468-1714."