Location says they get 25% commission?

Would Coke actually pay an account 25% commissions? If so, what reasons behind it?

Thanks!

BT$

Yep I get 20% from them , I got a couple accounts outside of my area and I gave them a call, gave them the info and a few months later I started receiving a check.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

They make the stuff very cheap and there is no middle man to upcharge it

Bottlers can afford to pay very high commission because they only have very little into the product because they make it, while we have much more invested. Coke and Pepsi had a battle for rest stops around here recently. Pepsi offered somewhere around 45% commission to have their machines in all the rest stops here. In the end it's advertising

The bottlers usually put you on a sliding scale where higher sales get you higher commission.  But if they don't keep the machine filled, which is typical, then you'll have lousy commission checks.  Why let them have the profit?  If you aren't willing to do the work it takes or invest in the equipment it takes to make the money yourself then you are in the wrong business - or you're Canteen.

The reason I ask is I do the snacks at this location and it's pretty decent. I've approached them about doing pop too a few times. We'll he finally said yes, but I'd have to match the 25% commissions and I said I couldn't afford that. I pay them 15% on snacks with pretty solid pricing in place- chips and candy all at $1.25. I thought man 25% it must be killing it, or to the points made its advertising or to keep others out and leverage the market share.

Do you all think it's smart to maybe offer 20% on a combination of products? Take over both and meet him in the middle.

BT$

Yep I get 20% from them , I got a couple accounts outside of my area and I gave them a call, gave them the info and a few months later I started receiving a check.

Not sure I understand. Coke is paying you a referral fee?

The reason I ask is I do the snacks at this location and it's pretty decent. I've approached them about doing pop too a few times. We'll he finally said yes, but I'd have to match the 25% commissions and I said I couldn't afford that. I pay them 15% on snacks with pretty solid pricing in place- chips and candy all at $1.25. I thought man 25% it must be killing it, or to the points made its advertising or to keep others out and leverage the market share.

Do you all think it's smart to maybe offer 20% on a combination of products? Take over both and meet him in the middle.

BT$

If you can ask him how much they make average off of cokes commission checks you can use that to determine the sales of the pop machines. With that information you're able to see how much you can profit and if it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's ridiculous what some of the accounts around here get. I don't like to do an account with snack only while the bottlers are getting all the soda sales. If it's snack only there is 0 commission. You can gain a soda stop sometimes by telling them that you do it all or nothing.

Yeah it's ridiculous what some of the accounts around here get. I don't like to do an account with snack only while the bottlers are getting all the soda sales. If it's snack only there is 0 commission. You can gain a soda stop sometimes by telling them that you do it all or nothing.

Archived