What Spare parts should I keep with me

noved1

I am getting back into vending and would like to know what spare parts should I keep with me when running a route? I am getting into fullline pop /snack machines. About 5 years ago I had a sizeable bulk route but sold it because I was moving to another state. 

Coin mechs, validators, vend motors and light bulbs. If the route isn't spread out then you don't need to carry anything, especially if you have less than 20 machines or so.

I am getting back into vending and would like to know what spare parts should I keep with me when running a route? I am getting into fullline pop /snack machines. About 5 years ago I had a sizeable bulk route but sold it because I was moving to another state. 

The Coin Mech and Validator are the only spare parts I carry and all my machines use the same ones so I don't carry any bezels or harnesses.  These are the most likely parts to go bad and the quickest to fix (as long as you don't have to make a special trip).  Spare lamps wouldn't last a week in my vehicle and there are just too many other parts to possibly carry.

Its is a good idea to carry a good coin mech for each style of vendor you have same with bill validators. Keep them in a plastic bag or box to keep them clean. If buying refurb mechs and validators take them out and install them in known working vendors. That way you will always know you have working spare and the warranties won't expire riding in the truck. Locks are a must. If you have a lock that is being temperamental change it out before you can't get into it any longer. Also, carry the correct tools.A long set of nut drivers, Small channel locks, long screwdriver with #2 and #1 Phillips, Voltage sensor (time is money) multimeter.  Good wire crimper not an automotive crimper and assortment of electrical connectors. Good wire strippers and electrical tape. D/N temp control. In my experience S Thomas & Associates in Irving TX has the best advanced board replacement out there. Don't abuse them and you will be happy with the service.   I have sent them boards that others have told me can't be repaired and they fixed them. if you have D/N vendors carry a good cooling deck. Stay away from USI if possible their cooling decks are so numerous you can't have the correct deck to replace and most of the time you will be down for several days while getting it rebuilt. This should set you up for at least 75% of the repairs you may need.

Archived