Having Trouble

tiffanyblvck

I have been locating for about two weeks and have no success. The only progress I made was I met with the school director of  a language school. I left with him a proposal and my flyer. I am going to follow up with him this week. I am just getting a little bit frustrated because when I find a office building without vending machines its hard to get in contact with the property manager. I feel my strategies/pitches are not working. Could you guys give me some advice. :mellow:

Ok, sorry if this seems like a lot...

Where in the office building would you like your machine to be? Lobby? Break room? Also what type of machines are you placing? I think I remember you saying bulk doubles...in which case, i've had better response calling them gumball machines vs vending machines. And even if they have soda and/or snack machines you can place a double beside it and still make profit. I have a few in locations with other machines, they move product a little slower but still move product.

Also if you're just speaking with the doorkeeper,  I would ask for a manager or some sort of decision makers. All the door keepers will just deflect you away because it's the easiest thing to do. And asking for a manager (though it seemed strange to me at first) isn't a bad thing.

You mentioned a flyer, are you showing them what type of machine it is while you pitch? and also how many locations have you tried? I try to count my no's as a positive way to stay motivated. Sort of like a game, I've never made it up to 20 yet...

If you get a person to turn you away with a maybe, try and get a name of whomever they say is not available. Then next time you come back, ask for that person, it's a way that gets you straight to the decision maker, almost like you already knew them. And don't be afraid to follow up on maybe's. They can turn into yes's.

Ok, sorry if this seems like a lot...

Where in the office building would you like your machine to be? Lobby? Break room? Also what type of machines are you placing? I think I remember you saying bulk doubles...

Actually I was looking at the wrong person, so forget that line about remembering you doing bulk doubles...the decision maker is still important though, what type of machines are you placing?

If it's an office building with multiple businesses in it and the whole place is managed by another company, most times the person making the decisions won't be there. I have many of these locations. Your best bet is to find out what company actually manages the building and just call. The ones I have, the company manages multiple buildings so finding the right person is almost impossible. At least if u call you might get a voicemail.

Hope this helps, good luck

If it's an office building with multiple businesses in it and the whole place is managed by another company, most times the person making the decisions won't be there. I have many of these locations. Your best bet is to find out what company actually manages the building and just call. The ones I have, the company manages multiple buildings so finding the right person is almost impossible. At least if u call you might get a voicemail.

Hope this helps, good luck

Did you have a locator or did you get those locations by yourself ?

They actually called us years ago. Then everytime they acquire a new building we get in those. I just know from my experience that I've never seen the decision maker their. She does pass through from time to time, but usually just maintenance personnel or security guards is all I see.

Archived