I have a machine in your other location

AMD Snacks

So I'm out today trying to locate rack #3 and I decide to stop by a grocery store that doesn't have a machine. I give my pitch and mention I have a rack in their other location, then he says he has to ask corporate if it's ok.

Now I'm wondering if i should just keep my mouth shut, lol, not trying to start a whole ordeal and end up getting kicked out my first location too.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I don't work with racks but have approached a guy with 5 body shop locations. The first I got approved from the on duty manager, then asked the owner of the chain personally to place the second. He said he would get back to me once he thought about it. I managed to get a third in without his say-so and I keep checking back to get two more from him, and he says he needs time to think. I consider leaving it be, as I don't want to lose the two locations I have, but I decide that I can't go around tiptoeing. It is more productive in the long run to be bold and follow up, even if the "aggression" could lose a location. I'd rather try for the greatness than settle for a more mediocre achievement. 

I don't work with racks but have approached a guy with 5 body shop locations. The first I got approved from the on duty manager, then asked the owner of the chain personally to place the second. He said he would get back to me once he thought about it. I managed to get a third in without his say-so and I keep checking back to get two more from him, and he says he needs time to think. I consider leaving it be, as I don't want to lose the two locations I have, but I decide that I can't go around tiptoeing. It is more productive in the long run to be bold and follow up, even if the "aggression" could lose a location. I'd rather try for the greatness than settle for a more mediocre achievement. 

Are you offering him a commission?

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, finally heard back from corporate after two weeks of follow up. The good news is they didn't give me the boot. They told the store owner, "I'd steer clear, those things don't generate much income, and the service is normally pretty bad" After which he asked me several questions like "Do you sign a contract? How do you service? Do you donate to a charity? How much is the split?"

I tried to answer honestly and positively, hopefully my salesmanship helped persuade him to give me a chance. I explained how I'll be better than the big guys on comission and service cycles. He ended saying he'll call the other store I told him I'm already at. Ohwell hopefully turns out well.

Archived