Reading Posts

laip51

I've experienced a little lag myself, but nothing extreme. Other than that I'm not aware of any issues.

I will say I am planning on updating the forum software. The only thing holding me back is the fact that we would lose the classified section, and I am holding off until there is a solution. There is supposed to be one in the next couple of weeks, but that has already been delayed before.

I looked into another option, but it looks like it would run more like eBay. I'm not sure that's the right solution here.

Also this is a little off topic, so I will be moving it to Website Concerns.

I have checked in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. (The new Internet Explorer.) I tried without being logged in as admin to see if that affected anything. Other than lag, (I think I'll be able to deal with that part,) I just can't find the problem. I made sure to click on multiple large threads to see how going multiple pages in affected me. Nothing.

Have you tried clearing out your cache? While I can't be sure of it, it may be on your end.

To keep people updated, it looks like I may be updating the software after July 27th. Not sure of the exact day. I hope this will correct any issues, and sorry that I am waiting that long. But until then, I will see if I can do anything to enhance the performance.

Well I'll keep looking, and trying to see what I can do to make it run smoother. But in the end, I would expect the update to fix any errors. (And we'll have a shiny new forum.)

I'll make sure to post an announcement before the forum is updated, when it goes down, and when it is back up. (Here and on Facebook.)

When I sign in the opening page is all over the place.  

To get it to straighten out I need to open a topic, then it seems to line up.  

The opening page looks like it is centered in the middle with all of the headings.

like this

Hey Bev,

I tried logging out, and logging back in. I did this with this account, and my test account. I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. (Don't currently have Opera.) Edge had a lag when I first opened the page, and dropped to the bottom of the page, but other then that, I didn't see anything. 

I also tried on my Kindle, and spent an hour clicking around to see if I could see any of the issues others are seeing. I am trying to find these issues, but I just do not see them.

I'll keep my eyes open, and hope the upgrade that comes will improve things for everyone.

Archived