Wanted: Business Podcast Interviewee

bizshortspodcast

Hi,

I'm a new member and I co-host a newly formed business podcast called Business Shorts where we interview a market niche expert in less than 30 mins. Our goal is to highlight details about a market niche, in this case vending, and ultimately determine the profitability of the market along with its barriers to enter as well as who might be an ideal candidate for this market. 

That being said, we are looking to VDF to find our expert as you guys & gals are the ones out there owning and operating machines and not the ones trying to sell me something (what I found when I look at vending websites and youtube videos). We are looking for someone who knows the market well as this is an interview about the market and not about your personal success. Below are some details we are looking for: 

Financials - typical entry cost (used vs new machines), operating cost, typical profitability / ROI ranges (low case to high case). 

Non-financial barriers to entry - license, access to locations, etc. 

Break down of Market Segments in Vending - differences in financial and non-financial barriers for each

If we have time to discuss, i'd be interested in touching lightly on the following subjects: 

Strategy - How to select good locations

Entry Plan - What are the steps to get going

Operations - time requirements, equipment needed, etc. 

Info Sources- forums (VDF), books, websites, etc.

If this sounds like something any of you would be interested in, please let me know. Thanks guys/gals!

-Henry

post-12025-0-10827100-1468358746_thumb.jpg

I thought there might be more interest in this.

My suggestion would be to interview 2 members. Maybe a Bulk Vendor and a Full Line (food and beverage) Vendor. Might be a more rounded view of vending, and the possibilities available.

Also I assume you just want somebody to just drop in and chat. The above might scare a few people off because it almost looks like homework, instead of just an idea of what might be discussed. The best podcasts I have heard involve people being interviewed that are not prepared other than knowing, and having experience in the topic. Seems to allow for a more free flowing and dynamic discussion. 

Archived